By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Power struggle: the real differences between PS4 and Xbox One performance

Euphoria14 said:

Multplat devs don't know shit about XBone and PS4.

MS knows more about the both of them since it is them who develops for both.

Edit - By the way, why all the hate for EDGE now? I thought they were loved by the MS camp and people always said they were one of the more credible magazines?

What changed?

You just made that up didn't you?

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Euphoria14 said:

Edit - By the way, why all the hate for EDGE now? I thought they were loved by the MS camp and people always said they were one of the more credible magazines?

What changed?

no hes right it was true, they gave halo games 10 and Uncharted games 8, and MS fans would say how spot on they were. 

Nsanity said:
Euphoria14 said:

What changed?

Nope. I have no reason to lie. This stuff doesn't bother me in the least, but I just wonder why things flip flop, although we all know why and it happens on all sides.

Many people have aknowledged over the years that EDGE has some of the most well written reviews,with the main issue being that their overall scores tend to be a bit all over the place at times, making it tough to see exactly what is taken into consideration when they place it. Many believe it has to do with innovation within a title.

Everyone knows that PS3 gamers hated them because they thought they were biased. They even had articles about how EDGE rated 360 titles higher than their Metacritic average and PS3 titles lower than their Metacritic average.

Edit - Seems someone else was around long enough to know what I am talking about.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ho boy, gimped PS4 ports to keep parity? YAY!!!

both consoles will have good looking games doesnt really matter whos is stronger

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
landguy1 said:
The only reason to post this"Article" is to create discontent. It's another super secret source "high up" in the development world that is telling these "secrets".

I have made mention of this before, but will say it again. How is it that individual developer guy has such great detailed info on both systems? Because they don't. Development for multiple platforms is broken up into different groups. Each group focuses on their individual platform. So how do these super informed people possibly have time to already be expert on both systems designs? Especially if the developers are fighting to optimize the games for release. Either you have or haven't learned the system set ups in detail. The sources admit they haven't yet. So how can they conclude a % increase? This isn't going to be resolved in 2 months as many hope. It will take 2 years to probably know the truth. Even with a system tear down, it doesn't take into account proprietary systems designs as whatever their testing with won't be optimized for the particular architecture. Just give it up now, the answer will always be debated anyway.

Indeed, devs within the same companies never talk or exhange information. It is complete magic that they get multiplatform parity.

It seems that reading comprehension is a tough thing to employ in these threads, as many people have made a similar comment.

I did not say that people inside the same company do not communicate.  That is the very reason why we have these "seret person with knowledge" scenarios.  Person A who is working on the particulars of the PS4 TELLS person B with knowledge of both systems(or no knowledge of either) that they are seeing this or that when they are working on it.  Person B probably doesn't have actual hands on experience with both consoles, but is taking bits of information from another person and coming to a conclusion. If any of you have worked in a collaborative environment, you know exactly what I am talking about.  With dozens or hundreds of people working on minute parts that go together as a whole, very few people if any have enough information to make a meaningful observation.  Even fewer people will have direct experience on both systems to make a true comparison.

My previous comment assumed that people understood the group project scenario.  I'll try to be more precise in the future to skip the discontent. 

PS fans complain about EDGE being bought by MS cause of game scores. Now all truth. Multiple unnamed devs saying 50% more power, yet launch games look nearly the same in quality. Too bad the 1st party PS4 devs that have that %50 power advantage dont have the skills to use it to make drastically better looking games than the bone.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

kitler53 said:
landguy1 said:
The only reason to post this"Article" is to create discontent. It's another super secret source "high up" in the development world that is telling these "secrets".

I have made mention of this before, but will say it again. How is it that individual developer guy has such great detailed info on both systems? Because they don't. Development for multiple platforms is broken up into different groups. Each group focuses on their individual platform. So how do these super informed people possibly have time to already be expert on both systems designs? Especially if the developers are fighting to optimize the games for release. Either you have or haven't learned the system set ups in detail. The sources admit they haven't yet. So how can they conclude a % increase? This isn't going to be resolved in 2 months as many hope. It will take 2 years to probably know the truth. Even with a system tear down, it doesn't take into account proprietary systems designs as whatever their testing with won't be optimized for the particular architecture. Just give it up now, the answer will always be debated anyway.

exactly, developers don't know shit and never talk to their collegues.  the FACT that development teams work completely independantly without any collaboration and don't share any code across platforms and STILL come out with nearly identical games just proves that every device ever created are exactly identical under the hood.  really, we should trust the true experts like penello for being the only one with real intiment knowledge of both xbone and ps4..

I never said that M$ or its employees know shit about the PS4 or implied such in my comment.  All I indicated was that "secret Sources" are BS know matter who is quoting them.  I also never indicated that coworkers don't talk to each other.  If anything, I was saying that each system is very different under the hood.

OdinHades said:
I'm getting tired of this.

Even if there was undeniable proof that one console is faster (which is pretty much the case right now) the fans of the other console will never accept it. There will always be pointless discussions about some pixels but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Both consoles will be good enough.

Or we simply will not care :).

landguy1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
landguy1 said:

Indeed, devs within the same companies never talk or exhange information. It is complete magic that they get multiplatform parity.

It seems that reading comprehension is a tough thing to employ in these threads, as many people have made a similar comment.

I did not say that people inside the same company do not communicate.  That is the very reason why we have these "seret person with knowledge" scenarios.  Person A who is working on the particulars of the PS4 TELLS person B with knowledge of both systems(or no knowledge of either) that they are seeing this or that when they are working on it.  Person B probably doesn't have actual hands on experience with both consoles, but is taking bits of information from another person and coming to a conclusion. If any of you have worked in a collaborative environment, you know exactly what I am talking about.  With dozens or hundreds of people working on minute parts that go together as a whole, very few people if any have enough information to make a meaningful observation.  Even fewer people will have direct experience on both systems to make a true comparison.

My previous comment assumed that people understood the group project scenario.  I'll try to be more precise in the future to skip the discontent. 

If so then major fail on my part.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!