By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Power struggle: the real differences between PS4 and Xbox One performance

I guess this thread will also cross 10+ pages.

Around the Network

Edge has pretty solid sources, their PS4 rumours before the PS Meeting were all true, except for the RAM but that was a last minute change.

Dont be surprised though, we've been hearing this pretty much since the start of the year.

Welp, written by EDGE so their sources are probably good.

Also interesting to hear that Sony has the upper hand in drivers. I would have thought MS would have the advantage there.

MS could've built a more powerful console but KINECT 2 and TV was obviously more important.

It would stand to reason that the PS4 exclusive titles would make the multiplats look like ass then, I find that hard to believe.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Edge has pretty solid sources, their PS4 rumours before the PS Meeting were all true, except for the RAM but that was a last minute change.

Dont be surprised though, we've been hearing this pretty much since the start of the year.

If I recall, they also mentioned the RAM upgrade before the PS4 reveal.

In the end the games will speak for themselves, just like PS3 exclusives did this generation.

multiplats are going to look the same regardelss because that's what multiplats do. ..develop the the lowest common denominator.

..but naughty dog and santa montica are going to kick the living crap out of whatever MS's top studios are.

kitler53 said:
multiplats are going to look the same regardelss because that's what multiplats do. ..develop the the lowest common denominator.

..but naughty dog and santa montica are going to kick the living crap out of whatever MS's top studios are.

Yeah ok keep dreaming about it 

"One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers."

Sounds about right. That's part of why I don't expect much difference from multiplats. It should be interesting to see how the exclusives stack up.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS