By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Power struggle: the real differences between PS4 and Xbox One performance

CDiablo said:
PS fans complain about EDGE being bought by MS cause of game scores. Now all truth. Multiple unnamed devs saying 50% more power, yet launch games look nearly the same in quality. Too bad the 1st party PS4 devs that have that %50 power advantage dont have the skills to use it to make drastically better looking games than the bone.

Did they not give an explanation as to why we would not see much different on both platforms at the beginning? It seems sound based on what they divulged. I suppose in time we shall see a difference in the exclusive titles (if the purported gap as is significant as some suggest), but in the grand scheme of things this is unimportant in my view. Both consoles are powerful and I think adopters of either platform needn't worry about these things. Gamers who play exclusively on the Wii U on the other hand  ...... (from the perspective of power, of course).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Honestly though, I do not see what the big deal is here, and I don't see why some Microsoft enthusiasts should be so defensive if they claim the difference is negligible. They're still comparable, unlike a certain other platform.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

So these devs are running gimped drivers on the Xbox One? They probably aren't making use of ESRAM or the dedicated chips. Once offloaded, performance should improve. Don't worry Xbox fans, MS is a thrifty software dev. They can make a single core Windows Phone perform better than dual core Android phones.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Every console launch. Those affected will fight tooth and nail to prove their console may be more powerful than the other side is convinced it will be, then when the first year of games hits and we can see the differences ourselves, the losing party will claim it never mattered very much in the first place (although last gen the waters were so muddied that the debate raged on for a lot longer).

I think we have enough information by now to determine which parties will be which this time, but I'm not ruling out a surprise finish just yet.

Shinobi-san said:
I honestly dont think we've seen these levels of delusion at vgchartz in a loong time. The last time things were this bad was when Sony fans were proclaiming after every PS3 price cut how its going to start selling like crazy... that never ever happened.

For me its very simple. Think of Sony and MS as two guys who needed to build a $400 - $500 gaming machine.

Sony decided to buy better hardware for performance. MS decided to add a camera with some awesome capabilities with less focus on performance. The hardware reflects where the money was spent.

When i first heard the specs of these consoles, i honestly thought tech discussions on next gen consoles would be boring as fuck, given how simple the architectures are and how easy they are to compare. Yet here we are arguing over whats painfully simple and obvious.

And to those saying lets wait for Digital Foundry..i say screw that. I dont need digital foundry to tell me that a 7850-7870 hyrbid type GPU/ jaguar APU setup is better than a 7770-7790 hybrid GPU/ jaguar core APU setup.

Almost every other part of the system will simply make the systems more efficient. But those are the two main processing units and both systems are limited to their theoretical compute limits.

End of discussion!

...imo

Sums everything up. MS clearly focused on kinect. I actually expected MS to have the more powerful console given sony's current financial situation, but they chose to spend the money on kinect. I'm not saying that's a bad thing since we have to wait and see how games use the more powerful kinect.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
Shinobi-san said:
I honestly dont think we've seen these levels of delusion at vgchartz in a loong time. The last time things were this bad was when Sony fans were proclaiming after every PS3 price cut how its going to start selling like crazy... that never ever happened.

For me its very simple. Think of Sony and MS as two guys who needed to build a $400 - $500 gaming machine.

Sony decided to buy better hardware for performance. MS decided to add a camera with some awesome capabilities with less focus on performance. The hardware reflects where the money was spent.

When i first heard the specs of these consoles, i honestly thought tech discussions on next gen consoles would be boring as fuck, given how simple the architectures are and how easy they are to compare. Yet here we are arguing over whats painfully simple and obvious.

And to those saying lets wait for Digital Foundry..i say screw that. I dont need digital foundry to tell me that a 7850-7870 hyrbid type GPU/ jaguar APU setup is better than a 7770-7790 hybrid GPU/ jaguar core APU setup.

Almost every other part of the system will simply make the systems more efficient. But those are the two main processing units and both systems are limited to their theoretical compute limits.

End of discussion!

...imo

Sums everything up. MS clearly focused on kinect. I actually expected MS to have the more powerful console given sony's current financial situation, but they chose to spend the money on kinect. I'm not saying that's a bad thing since we have to wait and see how games use the more powerful kinect.

Yep. I think its weird though that MS are engaging in these kinda discussions. They also havent really focused on Kinect apart from the functionality that it adds to the OS. Theres been almost no major Kinect game showings or demos. I've seen more footage of playroom than of any kinect title.

Not sure what's happening over at MS at the moment. They should be pushing Kinect from a gaming perspective really hard right now. Its the only major difference(and advantage) between the Xbone and competitors.

MS needs to get its house in order and get back to the way they were.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Nsanity said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Nsanity said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Nsanity said:

This reads something like the pro Sony Thuway over on NeoGaf would have posted:

"if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers"

No it sounds like the truth and its bullshit. 

Truth from a source who has no name.

Its been a policy for ms. Their pokicy have been holding back gaming this whole gen. And next gen isnr goinf to be any different. 

Care to elebarote?

They have archaic policies that basically say "You can't make theirs better than ours."  They have been holding gaming back for years, and I can't wait for them to GTFO!

Yep. I think its weird though that MS are engaging in these kinda discussions. They also havent really focused on Kinect apart from the functionality that it adds to the OS. Theres been almost no major Kinect game showings or demos. I've seen more footage of playroom than of any kinect title.

Not sure what's happening over at MS at the moment. They should be pushing Kinect from a gaming perspective really hard right now. Its the only major difference(and advantage) between the Xbone and competitors.

MS needs to get its house in order and get back to the way they were.

It is completily idiotic that they are talking about performance.  If they were smart, they would have said "They are basically the same," and then went on with their business.   But like before they continue to only focus on the negatives.   

I swear they just keep playing into Sony's traps like they are trying to sabotage themselves...

realgamer said:
kitler53 said:
multiplats are going to look the same regardelss because that's what multiplats do. ..develop the the lowest common denominator.

..but naughty dog and santa montica are going to kick the living crap out of whatever MS's top studios are.

Yeah ok keep dreaming about it 

too much irony on your name.., it should be realxboxgamer, and everybody's gonna be happy about that, shown your true color from the start, since the REAL real gamer would only play games.., not play console...

kitler53 said:
multiplats are going to look the same regardelss because that's what multiplats do. ..develop the the lowest common denominator.

..but naughty dog and santa montica are going to kick the living crap out of whatever MS's top studios are.

why do people always skip of Guerrilla Games and the Killzone series when the mention studios/games that look the best on consoles.

I would argue that Killzone 3 looks as Good or nearly as good, as The Last of Us,God of War: Ascension and Uncharted 3, and looks better than everything else on consoles.

Sorry, it just bugs me the GG always seems to be left out, they are such an underrated developer.