By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dropped the Ball by Not Securing GTAV: No, they have bigger games coming, they do not need it!!!

Did they?

of course not, Nintendo d... 65 15.40%

yes, Nintendo should have bought Rockstar 78 18.48%

yes 67 15.88%

no 68 16.11%

yes, they should have got the rights 81 19.19%

maybe 41 9.72%

other ( post below) 21 4.98%

Total:421
pezus said:
DevilRising said:
pezus said:
Nintendo have bigger games coming? That's news to me.

Well, to be fair, Mario Kart 8 has a healthy chance, on it's own, of outselling GTAV.

That isn't to say Wii U wouldn't benefit from having games like GTAV available for it.

A healthy chance of 1% perhaps. GTAV is going to sell 30m+ easily, while MK8 will see a massive drop from the previous console game simply due to the platform it's releasing on.

No. Way. Would be a ginormous growth for no good reason, but okay it's no point arguing because it's not like we know either way.

Anyway, what I wanted to say: *looks at avatar* *looks at 'Currently Playing'*... Pezus! What happened? What's with all the Nintendo all of a sudden?!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Anybody interested in buying Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much guaranteed to already have a PS3 or a 360. Nintendo should just do their own thing.

But the lack of third party makes it almost not possible for a core gamer to only own nintendo consoles.

RenCutypoison said:
brendude13 said:
Anybody interested in buying Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much guaranteed to already have a PS3 or a 360. Nintendo should just do their own thing.

But the lack of third party makes it almost not possible for a core gamer to only own nintendo consoles.

Many people on this site would disagree with you.

brendude13 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Look at GTA/COD sales, how could these player do with just a wii u ? 

RenCutypoison said:
brendude13 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Look at GTA/COD sales, how could these player do with just a wii u ? 

its been like that since N64, that was years ago. If they are expecting it to change, then thats their issue and they are kinda foolish. Hell its been like that for MOSt of Ninty's console life

Around the Network
Wright said:
brendude13 said:

Imagine for a second that Nintendo manages to make GTA V a timed exclusive for one or two months.

Imagine.

You're right. It definitely wouldn't have hurt sales that's for sure. They could have probably doubled their user base before the holiday season even started.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I think it would sell decently, but I'm pretty sure it's more of a Sony/Microsoft thing.

All though I think buying Rockstar would be a great investment for any first party publisher I think Nintendo is a bit more conservative than Microsoft or Sony when it comes to buying out developers.

RenCutypoison said:
brendude13 said:

Didn't you know that niche Japanese role-playing games are the most hardcore of them all?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Nintendo should have gotten GTA 5 on the system at all costs....No excuses.

If they had to promise sexual favors from Miyamoto to Rockstar, then so be it.

Now the Wii U is totally dead and irrelevant.

Nintendo failed.