By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dropped the Ball by Not Securing GTAV: No, they have bigger games coming, they do not need it!!!

Did they?

of course not, Nintendo d... 65 15.40%

yes, Nintendo should have bought Rockstar 78 18.48%

yes 67 15.88%

no 68 16.11%

yes, they should have got the rights 81 19.19%

maybe 41 9.72%

other ( post below) 21 4.98%

Total:421

Anybody interested in buying Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much guaranteed to already have a PS3 or a 360. Nintendo should just do their own thing.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Anybody interested in buying Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much guaranteed to already have a PS3 or a 360. Nintendo should just do their own thing.

Imagine for a second that Nintendo manages to make GTA V a timed exclusive for one or two months.

Imagine.

I know Reggie really wanted GTA V on the Wii U, but I don´t know how big the leash NCL has on him is...or maybe he did try hard but Rockstar/T2 simply wasn´t interested.

Wright said:
brendude13 said:

Imagine for a second that Nintendo manages to make GTA V a timed exclusive for one or two months.

Imagine.

It'll boost Wii U sales for sure. But it'll also piss millions of people off, and cost Nintendo hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't even think Rockstar would risk damaging the Grand Theft Auto brand.

WiiU doesnt need GTAV, WiiU needs Nintendo games.

Around the Network

GTA V would be great for Nintendo. But Nintendo has superior games on sales. Not just that but on quantity also. Remember, one game will not do much as a complete library. Nintendo has been releasing their library since Pikmin 3.

they could still secure a goty version, or something. when the pc port arrives also.

think-man said:

A game like Chinatown Wars (not a numbered GTA, but a game with the same mechanics) would be great on WiiU.

cbarroso09 said:
GTA V would be great for Nintendo. But Nintendo has superior games on sales. Not just that but on quantity also. Remember, one game will not do much as a complete library. Nintendo has been releasing their library since Pikmin 3.

No, nothing beats GTA V

Anyway, I don't think it would have had much impact. I doubt that it is going to bring in many new gamers who didn't want to play GTA IV and any gamer interested in GTA type games is going to be better served with a PS or Xbox.

I think it might be effective if it was the start of a long campaign from Nintendo to ensure the big 3rd party games also came to the Wii U without being comprimised. The problem is that I feel they are behind on online such that the 3rd parties miss out on all their extra revenue that they need/want.

Wright said:
think-man said:

A game like Chinatown Wars (not a numbered GTA, but a game with the same mechanics) would be great on WiiU.

Yeah and it needs to be at least a timed exclusive, GTAV on WiiU wont push hardware sales. It needs something everyone else doesnt have.