By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dropped the Ball by Not Securing GTAV: No, they have bigger games coming, they do not need it!!!

Did they?

of course not, Nintendo d... 65 15.40%

yes, Nintendo should have bought Rockstar 78 18.48%

yes 67 15.88%

no 68 16.11%

yes, they should have got the rights 81 19.19%

maybe 41 9.72%

other ( post below) 21 4.98%

Total:421
fatslob-:O said:
Persistantthug said:
Aielyn said:
mind said:
Nintendo doesn't have money to buy Rockstar(besides, it's not for sale, if you know what i mean), or even to buy exclusive rights for GTA 5(incl. temporary). 

Please don't make claims like this if you're going to pull it from your arse.

Nintendo Cash on Hand: $11.9 billion

Estimated value of Take Two (that's Rockstar's owner): $1.8 billion (that's equity + assets)

Nintendo could buy the entire publisher without breaking a sweat.

It would probably cost 3 or 4 Billion to buy Take Two, and Nintendo could do it, yes....but what would be the point?

Take Two is a multiplatform publisher that makes games that are meant for multiple systems.  Nintendo buying them would devalue Take Two, and eventually help drop Nintendo's own stock because they spent so much cash reserves on a company that can do them no good financially.

The financial logistics would make such a purchase stupid.

If anything purchasing ubisoft would be a smarter idea considering ubisoft is the most committed out of all the 3rd parties.

After both Watch Dog and Assassin's Creed 5 fails to sell on the Wii U, I think that will signal the end of Ubisoft's commitment.

Splinter Cell has already failed, and I'm sure Rayman will too, btw.

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:
Persistantthug said:
Aielyn said:
mind said:
Nintendo doesn't have money to buy Rockstar(besides, it's not for sale, if you know what i mean), or even to buy exclusive rights for GTA 5(incl. temporary). 

Estimated value of Take Two (that's Rockstar's owner): $1.8 billion (that's equity + assets)

It would probably cost 3 or 4 Billion to buy Take Two, and Nintendo could do it, yes....but what would be the point?

Take Two is a multiplatform publisher that makes games that are meant for multiple systems.  Nintendo buying them would devalue Take Two, and eventually help drop Nintendo's own stock because they spent so much cash reserves on a company that can do them no good financially.

If anything purchasing ubisoft would be a smarter idea considering ubisoft is the most committed out of all the 3rd parties.

After both Watch Dog and Assassin's Creed 5 fails to sell on the Wii U, I think that will signal the end of Ubisoft's commitment.

Rayman legends was a failure all around but yeah I agree about how ubisoft will drop support on the WII U.

for me GTA5 not coming to WiiU shows how stupid rockstar is. They dont give a fuck about fans and for whatever reason they dont give a fuck about long term profit.

GTA is so huge they could port it to every console that ever existed and even if it would not sell 1 copy on all those systems they would still swim in money because of the 360 and PS3 versions selling like shit. (I mean they even port old GTA games to android where everyone just downloads the games for free)

Instead of turning WiiU owners into GTA5 fans so that every future release sells better and better they just ignore it. Its especially dumb when you think what could have been added to the gamepad.

Change your radio station? Just use the radio on your gamepad where every type of car has its own car interior design. Use your GPS/satnav on your gamepad. Make every type of mobile phone have its own touchscreen design/Operating system on your gamepad all this shit could be awesome...... use it for remote controlled vehicles or whatever.

Wasted opportunity. I will wait for a PC version then.... because it will be the best version (WiiU version could have convinced me to buy a console version tho)

I have a question for everyone here and please be honest. How many gamers out there only have Nintendo consoles? How many Nintendo-only gamers would be interested in GTA V? The answer in my opinion is not very many. Most gamers who own a Nintendo console also have either a 360 or a PS3. So Take-Two isn't missing out on much not bringing the game to Wii U. Also, even if the game was on Wii U, would it really be an incentive for people to buy the system? I don't think so because most of those potential buyers already own the other systems those games are available for, which is why much of the Wii U's launch library failed.

As far as a timed exclusive is concerned or a permanent exclusive, forget about it. It never could have happened unless Nintendo was willing to publish the game itself and I don't think Nintendo was about to spend that much money on one game. I also don't think Take-Two wants a major GTA game to be exclusive to anybody ever again. A game that expensive to make can't survive on a single console.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Wright said:
brendude13 said:
Anybody interested in buying Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much guaranteed to already have a PS3 or a 360. Nintendo should just do their own thing.

Imagine for a second that Nintendo manages to make GTA V a timed exclusive for one or two months.

Imagine.

I would kill myself if that ever happened ):

Around the Network
Persistantthug said:
Persistantthug said:
Aielyn said:
mind said:

Rayman legends was a failure all around but yeah I agree about how ubisoft will drop support on the WII U.

spinter cell was a failure to. They should consider themselves lucky how well it sold on Wii U consideirng all the fuckups with it.

It still could come. Business is business. They released the games on the platforms that will get them the most money. I doubt they coukd have been given enough money by anyone to push the game back and wait for the Wii U and PC ports to arrive.

Wright said:
brendude13 said:
Anybody interested in buying Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much guaranteed to already have a PS3 or a 360. Nintendo should just do their own thing.

Imagine for a second that Nintendo manages to make GTA V a timed exclusive for one or two months.

Mass rioting in the gaming world ;)

Cobretti2 said:
Persistantthug said:
Persistantthug said:
Aielyn said:
mind said:

spinter cell was a failure to. They should consider themselves lucky how well it sold on Wii U consideirng all the fuckups with it.

Splinter cell wasn't that bad, it was a success on ps360 compared to the WII U version.

Cobretti2 said:
Persistantthug said:
Persistantthug said:
Aielyn said:
mind said:

Splinter cell wasn't that bad, it was a success on ps360 compared to the WII U version.

percentage wise they about the same. Not bad considering the Wii U version is missing content and has crap load times and costs the same.