By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:96k

MohammadBadir said:
of course the WiiU sales are low. there's a fucking price cut in a week!

Erm, pretty sure these sales are registered for before Nintendo announced the price cut. It's precisely why they announced the price cut at the end of August, so it wouldn't interfere with August sales.

Around the Network

Sales are terrible for both WiiU and PSV.. I hope these two get better with KZ and LOZ.
and LOL at Shield and Ouya ..

I'm actually surprised Wii U didn't do better with Pikmin 3. Not because I think P3 is a big hardware mover, but simply because it was in Japan. The month on month sales increase was 100% there, so you think at least a little here. More than 1 or 2k anyway.

Hey, at least two good things came from this month's NPD - Tales of Xillia & Pikmin 3 both selling very well. I'm pleased with that. Because even if we overtracked them, they still seem like pretty solid numbers.

Surprised by Wii-U and Vita. I shall have to make this the last month I get my expectations up about them performing better.

And poor Killer is Dead :'(

tbone51 said:
Woahhhh PSV Dragon Crown did ~ 26K! O.o

VGChartz has it selling 35k FW! http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41497/USA/

Happens almost without fail with every single Japanese game, big FW overtracking here on VGChartz.

Off the top of my head, also happened with Persona 4 Golden & Etrian Odyssey 4.

On the plus side, Walking Dead sold 14k and we have it at 0!  Which would be a great success if ioi ever updated the database for these numbers (we're still waiting for him to add USA numbers to Dead or Alive 5+ and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+; both of which were given to us on a silver platter by Creamsugar about 4 months ago).

Around the Network

I dont see wiiu seeling more than 50K next month. Nintendo didn't make any Tv ad about this on america, will come in same week of GTA V, is a HD port, from a game that caused controversy, and even this HD paint is making controvesy about the "no so much cel shade" style, for a price point that most don't really belive is that great, since you still have to buy a external drive. Will do well in japan, but its seems like the launch was pushed back just to show something good for investors in the quarter report.

Can is ask 1 thing? Can some one say how wiiu is doing comparable to virtual boy and dreamcast?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:

I dont see wiiu seeling more than 50K next month. Nintendo didn't make any Tv ad about this on america, will come in same week of GTA V, is a HD port, from a game that caused controversy, and even this HD paint is making controvesy about the "no so much cel shade" style, for a price point that most don't really belive is that great, since you still have to buy a external drive. Will do well in japan, but its seems like the launch was pushed back just to show something good for investors in the quarter report.

Can is ask 1 thing? Can some one say how wiiu is doing comparable to virtual boy and dreamcast?

It been passed Virtual Boy, but Dreamcast i think its doing better, also WiiU tracking ahead of Vita i think... Vita Had I think

Gosh things dont look good, bout ready for next gen to be in full swing so things start looking up.

forest-spirit said:
Nsanity said:
I wonder what Minecraft sold.

It's between Mario & Luigi and Splinter Cell so 173k < Minecraft < 300k.

Not bad at all.

MohammadBadir said:
of course the WiiU sales are low. there's a fucking price cut in a week!

That no one knew about till the end of august.