By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:96k

what are the 3DS sales?

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Train wreck said:
Soundwave said:
osed125 said:

One game won't do anything, unless it's an extremely popular franchise (which Pikmin was not) and even with only one game, a boost can only last so long. February was different because the Wii U was still in the "launch window" period and people were still buying the launch games, that obviously wasn't going to last very long. If you thought Splinter Cell was going to boost the HW then you have bring yourself to the world of reality. 

Are we really that sure that 3D Mario (and not of the Mario 64/Galaxy variety that everyone seemed to want) and DKC are any more popular of a franchise over the NSMB series?

They better be at this rate, because Nintendo doesn't seem to have any other bullets in their gun left for the rest of the year other than a 10 year old GameCube game.

Pikmin 3 is probably the 4th or 5th "biggest" Wii U title of the year.

Remember the Wii U had NSLU 100k this month also no increase so it had a total of 4 games release this month

no increase

NSLU is a DLC of NSMBU with the option of buying a physical copy. Those 100k were digital sales of people who already had the game.

mere goal post sir, goal posts.

bananaking21 said:
what are the 3DS sales?

Over 130k, not by much tho I don't think.

Seece said:
bananaking21 said:
what are the 3DS sales?

Over 130k, not by much tho I don't think.

so vgchart was spot on or they undertracked it! nice

Minecraft closer to 800k than 700k! It must be more than 9m worldwide by now (digital + physical). Definitely will hit 10m this year.

Around the Network

Looks like I was bang on with my predictions. Vita below 30k and Wii U over Vita, I mean.

Still, both are incredibly depressing, particularly considering the Vita had a price cut this month. But without a game, who expected any better?

The Wii U had Pikmin which basically did nothing, however. I can see Wii U doubling in sales next month though. I was going to say on or around PS3 numbers, but I forgot GTA V.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I expect the Wii U to sell around 70K next month.

Why is the PS3 always so overtracked in the US and in Europe?

of course the WiiU sales are low. there's a fucking price cut in a week!

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

I see, thanks.

It could be a potential disaster, then, if it's only 4 weeks. Let's see how much Pikmin did for the console and for itself.

I think Pikmin 3 released early in the month, so a fifth week for August would hardly have a positive impact, but rather make it look worse overall. 120k (retail) for Pikmin 3 and 50k hardware is my guess. Should beat Vita hardware which saw a price cut.

Welp. 115k for Pikmin 3 retail and digital. At least 50k overtracked.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile