By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:96k

osed125 said:
BloodyRain said:
Didn't some games come out on the wii u? How did it not increase at all?

Pikmin 3 was basically the only big game. Everyone with common sense knew that the game wouldn't increase the HW numbers by much, given that the franchise is not really popular and the game's performance in Japan.

It should have moved the needle more than 1 or 2k though. Even in Japan, Pikmin 3 increased hardware sales temporarily by 2x or so (granted 2x of crap is still crap, but at least it was something). 

Around the Network

Wii u am cry

Soundwave said:
osed125 said:
BloodyRain said:

Pikmin 3 was basically the only big game. Everyone with common sense knew that the game wouldn't increase the HW numbers by much, given that the franchise is not really popular and the game's performance in Japan.

It should have moved the needle more than 1 or 2k though. Even in Japan, Pikmin 3 increased hardware sales temporarily by 2x or so (granted 2x of crap is still crap, but at least it was something). 

I really don't know what you expected. Aside of gaming forums (which obviously don't count) there was absolutely no hype for the game, thus the reason why there was no boost in hardware. Having a 2x increase in Japan didn't mean anything. 

September even with a price cut won't really be that much different really, mostly because the price cut comes so late into the month. October till the end of the year sales will be more meaningful. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Soundwave said:
osed125 said:
BloodyRain said:

I really don't know what you expected. Aside of gaming forums (which obviously don't count) there was absolutely no hype for the game, thus the reason why there was no boost in hardware. Having a 2x increase in Japan didn't mean anything. 

September even with a price cut won't really be that much different really, mostly because the price cut comes so late into the month. October till the end of the year sales will be more meaningful. 

Well we've been sold this "all it needs is games!" line for months now, in Feburary it had no games really released and it sold 66k, this month it gets Pikmin 3 and Splinter Cell and can barely top 30k, virtually a zero month on month increase.

The question now really is becoming how much different this is than the GameCube if at all. Right now it's far worse than the GameCube, I think it will need that price cut + all those "bigger" games just to match up to what the GameCube was doing circa 2002/2003.

PSV almost outsold than Wii U, try next month please.
Wii U is better than last month.
3DS > 130K

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81533997&postcount=813

--> 3DS keeps slowing down it seems, and it doesn't have anything in september iirc.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
3DS > 130K

--> 3DS keeps slowing down it seems, and it doesn't have anything in september iirc.

unless killzone pushes hardware i see WiiU outselling Vita sept

tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
3DS > 130K

unless killzone pushes hardware i see WiiU outselling Vita. But who knows, Vita can outsell it if price on wiiu is uneffective in sept

Soundwave said:
osed125 said:

Well we've been sold this "all it needs is games!" line for months now, in Feburary it had no games really released and it sold 66k, this month it gets Pikmin 3 and Splinter Cell and can barely top 30k, virtually a zero month on month increase.

The question now really is becoming how much different this is than the GameCube if at all. Right now it's far worse than the GameCube, I think it will need that price cut + all those "bigger" games just to match up to what the GameCube was doing circa 2002/2003.

One game won't do anything, unless it's an extremely popular franchise (which Pikmin was not) and even with only one game, a boost can only last so long. February was different because the Wii U was still in the "launch window" period and people were still buying the launch games, that obviously wasn't going to last very long. If you thought Splinter Cell was going to boost the HW then you have bring yourself to the world of reality. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Wii U has to be about 90k next month. Has to be IMO.

Even if sales are slower until the 20th (obviously) they should be redistributed much higher after the 20th.

tbone51 said:

unless killzone pushes hardware i see WiiU outselling Vita sept

At least PSV is outselling the wiiu in EU/JP I guess. But both are selling like crap. I eagerly look forward to your wiiu sales threads in the future

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!