By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Penello on X1 vs PS4: "Developers are confirming cross platform games are running the same on both platforms":

Here's the thing I don't get. Everyone is all sure the PS4 versions will run better because it's more powerful, right? Did we not JUST game through a generation where Sony had the more "powerful" console and yet, most 360 versions look and run better?

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

Here's the thing I don't get. Everyone is all sure the PS4 versions will run better because it's more powerful, right? Did we not JUST game through a generation where Sony had the more "powerful" console and yet, most 360 versions look and run better?

No.

360 had a better GPU and memory architecture PS3 had a better CPU.

prayformojo said:

PS3 had more raw power but 360 gave its power to devs with less of a fight.

This coming gen the PS4 has more raw power and is nicer to devs. Only logical way I can think of a XBONE game looking better is if it started out XBONE exclusive and then was given a quick port to PS4.

I already knew that. It will take years for developers to max out both hardware, so there is no surprise that multi platform games will look the same. It will take years to see what they really can do.

This doesn't change the fact that MS is charging $100 more, basically for kinect. If kinect is not your thing, it makes no sense to buy it instead of the PS4.

Around the Network

It will take time for the differences to show. Early games will not show the difference as clear as day. Devs are just getting used to the tech.

I hate to see people continuing on the idea that the PS3 is / was more powerful than the 360 (even on the CPU and Bluray side, things are highly debatable). It is just now that it serves the people on the other side. On the other hand, on the long run, this could prove an argument for the same people.

Ex Graphics Whore.

whatever said:
This doesn't change the fact that MS is charging $100 more, basically for kinect. If kinect is not your thing, it makes no sense to buy it instead of the PS4.

Unless you want to play Titanfall, Forza, Halo and like the look of the sport and media features. Really there is no attraction for me to PS4, IMHO it is bland and generic, the launch games are bland and generic. Even the name is bland and predictable.

Even time-constrained multiplatform launch games should show a clear difference if it is soooo much more powerful and soooo easy to develop for.

ESPECIALLY with games like BF4 that should be easily scalable because of the superior PC version.

We should see better framerates and graphics even with launch games if what Sony and their fans are claiming is actually correct.

I believe there is a point back near E3 where developers would have said their games were running better on PS4.

Can you show me that quote?

Cause, I remember, a developer or two did state they were having trouble getting the same frame rate out of one of the systems, but they never specified which.  They really can't or they would get into so much trouble.  Who knows, they might have actually been the same and just saying that to ruffle feathers.

And with the specs of Forza 5 running at 60FPS and Drive Club running at 30FPS at E3, that assumption could be a mistaken one.

One might be more powerful on paper, and another could be better engineered.  Just a little over 2 more months still we see which one games better.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!