By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Penello on X1 vs PS4: "Developers are confirming cross platform games are running the same on both platforms":

fallen said:
Kane1389 said:
Man, he is trying INSANELY hard. There is absolutely no way anyone can claim this guy isnt very insecure

Statements like this are stupid. He actually comes across as incredibly calm reasonable and mild compared to the hordes of aggressive and just plain mean fanboys attacking him, constantly calling him a liar to his face, etc.

If anynone seems insecure to me it's the guys who so aggressively insist PS4 must be so superior and nobody better dare say otherwise.

No he comes across as desperate and insecure. Tell me what PR executive comes out and says ''oh, but or product is just the same as competition's'' ?? It doesnt make any sense, nobody goes around saying that, unless they know they made an inferior product and this is classic damage controll (which it is)

They would either say nothing (stay classy) or say the opposite (''We are actually more powerfull') but most certanly not, ''dont believe everyone else, we're just as powerfull !!'' It comes off as insecure and desperate as it can get.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
fallen said:
Kane1389 said:
Man, he is trying INSANELY hard. There is absolutely no way anyone can claim this guy isnt very insecure

Statements like this are stupid. He actually comes across as incredibly calm reasonable and mild compared to the hordes of aggressive and just plain mean fanboys attacking him, constantly calling him a liar to his face, etc.

If anynone seems insecure to me it's the guys who so aggressively insist PS4 must be so superior and nobody better dare say otherwise.

No he comes across as desperate and insecure. Tell me what PR executive comes out and says ''oh, but or product is just the same as competition's'' ?? It doesnt make any sense, nobody goes around saying that, unless they know they made an inferior product and this is classic damage controll (which it is)

They would either say nothing (stay classy) or say the opposite (''We are actually more powerfull') but most certanly not, ''dont believe everyone else, we're just as powerfull !!'' It comes off as insecure and desperate as it can get.

And what is your opinion about it?

Ex Graphics Whore.

fallen said:
JoeTheBro said:

PS3 had more raw power but 360 gave its power to devs with less of a fight.

This coming gen the PS4 has more raw power and is nicer to devs. Only logical way I can think of a XBONE game looking better is if it started out XBONE exclusive and then was given a quick port to PS4.

That's debatable. recently a dev said 360 was faster. He said not just easier but also just faster.

I think PS4 exclusives graphics are overrated, so I dont buy that reasoning. I also think Halo 4 looks as good as any console game including any game on PS3.

That dev is either wrong, or more likely is just referring to obtainable power verse technical power.

As far as PS3 exclusive graphics, there really is nothing on 360 that compares to them. I mean there's no equivalent of GOW, Uncharted, and The Last of Us. Comparing these games' graphics to 360 exclusives really is just opinions.

well duh. Even with power differences, most multiplats will largely the same with some small differences. I don't think anyone else expected something other than this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kane1389 said:
fallen said:
Kane1389 said:

You guys actually want Microsoft to be like "go buy PS4, its so much better!" literally nothing else will satisfy, and until that happens you'll keep calling Penello and Nelson liars and jerks, etc, trying to bully them.

I still know that the PS4 guys who are so obessed with power are obviously the insecure ones. Hell, it was the same with PS3, they literally were constantly screaming about how amazing Uncharted looked to try to bully Xbox, they were so insecure and it carries on this gen we see.

Around the Network
fallen said:
Kane1389 said:
fallen said:
Kane1389 said:

You guys actually want Microsoft to be like "go buy PS4, its so much better!" literally nothing else will satisfy, and until that happens you'll keep calling Penello and Nelson liars and jerks, etc, trying to bully them.

I still know that the PS4 guys who are so obessed with power are obviously the insecure ones. Hell, it was the same with PS3, they literally were constantly screaming about how amazing Uncharted looked to try to bully Xbox, they were so insecure and it carries on this gen we see.

I didn't say I want microsoft to do anything. But NO ONE advertises their product by saying ''It's just as good as the competition !!!'' If they really were equally powerfull, they would either say Xbone is actually more powerfull or they wouldn't say anything at all. But being that this is a classic damage controll PR stunt, saying that they are in equall power will suffice.

Xbox is equal but costs a hundred dollars more is their best scenario.I guess this guy isn't in marketing.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

fallen said:
Kane1389 said:
fallen said:
Kane1389 said:

Sure... Xbox fans, developers and managers daily say they aren't worst in the real world even tough they lose in specs and Sony is insecure.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This is why I like authentic exclusives instead of multiplatforms, and who has the better exclusive lineup and better looking ? well PS brand of course ;)

the ultimate word will come from naughty dog and quantic dream.

if microsoft manages to match that, I'm convinced.