By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Penello on X1 vs PS4: "Developers are confirming cross platform games are running the same on both platforms":

Xenostar said:
fallen said:
Xenostar said:
http://gamingbolt.com/resogun-dev-ps4-is-all-raw-power-gddr5-ram-and-gpu-will-result-in-better-multiplatform-games

Ehh, this guy is Sony 2nd party. He has no X1 dev kit and says what is expected, pimping his employer.

Also he doesn't even say PS4 will have better multiplats unlike the misleading headline. He says "people will ramp up effects for PS4" but in a vaccuum that's an innocous statement. It's like a X1 dev saying "people will ramp up effects for X1". Well of course they will.

They are still a multiplatform dev and have made games for xbox 360 (Outland) and as such no doubt have X1 Kits too. But yeah they are clearly more of a playsation dev in recent history. 

We don't know that.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
DD_Bwest said:
JoeTheBro said:

For anyone that doesn't bother reading the whole neogaf thread, some more info came out. PS4 COD ghosts took a month to get running and as at 90FPS. The XBONE version took 4 months and was at 15FPS. A Japanese dev (not SE) experienced similar.

Probably exaggerated numbers but still revealing.

what thread is it in?

The one Penello posted in. Here's a link to the actual post about COD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81321425&postcount=422

Oh wow a second-hand anecdote posted on a forum. Seems credible.

this guys posts are meaningless to me after the shenanigans he pulled with adding bandwidths

"cross-plat games are running the same on both platforms"

yeah i'll wait to digital foundry and others tech comparisons for that aswell as waiting till the real next gen game engines are being used have you seen COD ghosts and the other 3rd party games? not necessarily next gen, go look at early 360 PS3 titles compared to the ones release 2009 onwards theres a noticeable differences

Play Me

It will depend of the game.

Due to the microsoft content policy, i think a lot of games will be the same on both platforms.

But those who dont fear microsoft threat will take advantage of PS4 power.

That's all

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Stinky said:
JoeTheBro said:
DD_Bwest said:
JoeTheBro said:

For anyone that doesn't bother reading the whole neogaf thread, some more info came out. PS4 COD ghosts took a month to get running and as at 90FPS. The XBONE version took 4 months and was at 15FPS. A Japanese dev (not SE) experienced similar.

Probably exaggerated numbers but still revealing.

what thread is it in?

The one Penello posted in. Here's a link to the actual post about COD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81321425&postcount=422

And?

Around the Network

and that doesnt deserve a thread

JoeTheBro said:
Stinky said:

And?

Are you implying that it is credible? That it overrides sourced quotes? Because there sure are a lot of people in that gaf thread that do. And without a doubt this rumour will spread, when it's clearly an exaggeration at best and a lie at worst. This is what MS PR is working against and you can see it everywhere, every xbox thread on this site is flooded with sony fans attacking the xbox. It's quite annoying and sure doesn't make me want a PS4, that's for certain.

We could say the same about the quote of this topic.

Penello lies sure dont make anyone want the One.

Stinky said:
JoeTheBro said:
Stinky said:

And?

Are you implying that it is credible? That it overrides sourced quotes? Because there sure are a lot of people in that gaf thread that do. And without a doubt this rumour will spread, when it's clearly an exaggeration at best and a lie at worst. This is what MS PR is working against and you can see it everywhere, every xbox thread on this site is flooded with sony fans attacking the xbox. It's quite annoying and sure doesn't make me want a PS4, that's for certain.

Yes to your two questions. Did you not read the rest of that thread?

Props for him being so respectful to Sony. Seems like a good guy.