By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Penello on X1 vs PS4: "Developers are confirming cross platform games are running the same on both platforms":

Grandia said:
J_Allard said:
Of course multis are running equal. No 3rd party developer is going to neuter one version over another. But this won't change exclusives on PS4 looking better eventually, just like this gen. If you care about that type of stuff.

Exclusive games never looked better on ps3 than on xbox 360, there was no ps3 game which looked better than Halo 4  or Gears of War3/Judgement this with the better looking exclusive games is one of the ongoing myths which Sonyfanboys always just argue, I have both systems and there are awesome looking games on both Xbox 360 and on PS3 how you ever want objectively compare which games look better, used more power and wouldn't be possible on the other system?

you are in the minority on that

Around the Network

It's the beginning of the gen, and this guy is trying way too hard .

http://gamingbolt.com/resogun-dev-ps4-is-all-raw-power-gddr5-ram-and-gpu-will-result-in-better-multiplatform-games

J_Allard said:
Of course multis are running equal. No 3rd party developer is going to neuter one version over another. But this won't change exclusives on PS4 looking better eventually, just like this gen. If you care about that type of stuff.

Well that only works out if XBONE sales compare to PS4. Devs will cheap out on the weakest link and this gen its been the PS3. Their games sold better on 360 so of course they wouldn't take the time to perfect PS3 versions like first parties did. Last gen it was XBOX which should have had every game looking much better but didn't.

Could you imagine if out of the gate XBONE games were the worst selling? If it was significantly worse than PS4 game sales, the power difference would effectively be multiplied. 3rd party devs would make the best PS4 version possible (to stay competitive with graphics) while giving the XBONE cheap ports.

MonstaMack said:
You won't see massive differences between both versions. I bet my name on here.

Massive is relative. Give some specifics. Also at launch of course the difference will be small since the only multiplats are also cross-gen.

For anyone that doesn't bother reading the whole neogaf thread, some more info came out. PS4 COD ghosts took a month to get running and as at 90FPS. The XBONE version took 4 months and was at 15FPS. A Japanese dev (not SE) experienced similar.

Probably exaggerated numbers but still revealing.

JoeTheBro said:
J_Allard said:

Well that only works out if XBONE sales compare to PS4. Devs will cheap out on the weakest link and this gen its been the PS3. Their games sold better on 360 so of course they wouldn't take the time to perfect PS3 versions like first parties did. Last gen it was XBOX which should have had every game looking much better but didn't.

Could you imagine if out of the gate XBONE games were the worst selling? If it was significantly worse than PS4 game sales, the power difference would effectively be multiplied. 3rd party devs would make the best PS4 version possible (to stay competitive with graphics) while giving the XBONE cheap ports.

MonstaMack said:
You won't see massive differences between both versions. I bet my name on here.

Massive is relative. Give some specifics. Also at launch of course the difference will be small since the only multiplats are also cross-gen.

For anyone that doesn't bother reading the whole neogaf thread, some more info came out. PS4 COD ghosts took a month to get running and as at 90FPS. The XBONE version took 4 months and was at 15FPS. A Japanese dev (not SE) experienced similar.

what thread is it in?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
JoeTheBro said:

what thread is it in?

The one Penello posted in. Here's a link to the actual post about COD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81321425&postcount=422

JoeTheBro said:
DD_Bwest said:
JoeTheBro said:

what thread is it in?

The one Penello posted in. Here's a link to the actual post about COD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81321425&postcount=422

Thanx,  managed to find that just as you posted,   other websites are picking up on it.    Ravidrath - lab zero games.   I'm guessing hes a verified insider then?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

ishiki said:

the thing is 40-50% (1.5 times as powerful) isn't really that big of a difference in how it looks. It's the difference between 30 and 42-45 FPS. Going from 4x AA MSAA to 8x MSAA can drop it that much itself.

That's if third parties try to fully optimize both systems and don't just say that the more powerful system is good enough while optimizing the lesser more.

In reality it's a lot more complicated. And imo he's spinning it in his favor.

You mean .4-.5 times more powerful (40-50%)

superchunk said:
Just read title...

I've said this since before both were fully finalized. 3rd party games will largely be identical. Engines now scale well and the two systems will have identical technological feature-sets. Just different raw power.

However, first party will be different.

Only Wii U 3rd party will have some difference in graphical fidelity and likely resolution as the raw power difference is greater.

I wouldn't say identical, with the shared memory of the PS3 you could pull some pretty interesting tricks "shifting" power.  Making things look better in segments that run less cpu etc.

It's just multiplatform guys don't really have a reason to do so.

Man, he is trying INSANELY hard. There is absolutely no way anyone can claim this guy isnt very insecure