By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Penello on X1 vs PS4: "Developers are confirming cross platform games are running the same on both platforms":

Sorry, I wish Penollo would just shutup :)

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Gamecube said:

I wonder what the excuse will be when the hype train derails.
"MS paid off sony to sand bag their hardware"
"MS paid off all the 3rd party developers to make there software look worse on ps4"

No one will say that. They will say, "well duh, look at how they handled the ps360 multiplats compared to first party exclusives this gen"

R u joking ? Sony supporters already said that Microsoft paid dice to make bf4 looks bad on ps4 lol

JoeTheBro said:
prayformojo said:

Here's the thing I don't get. Everyone is all sure the PS4 versions will run better because it's more powerful, right? Did we not JUST game through a generation where Sony had the more "powerful" console and yet, most 360 versions look and run better?

PS3 had more raw power but 360 gave its power to devs with less of a fight.

This coming gen the PS4 has more raw power and is nicer to devs. Only logical way I can think of a XBONE game looking better is if it started out XBONE exclusive and then was given a quick port to PS4.

That's debatable. recently a dev said 360 was faster. He said not just easier but also just faster.

I think PS4 exclusives graphics are overrated, so I dont buy that reasoning. I also think Halo 4 looks as good as any console game including any game on PS3.

whatever said:
This doesn't change the fact that MS is charging $100 more, basically for kinect. If kinect is not your thing, it makes no sense to buy it instead of the PS4.

There's a million reasons why, better online, better/smoother operating system, faster downloads, more games with dedicated servers, plus exclusives.

Many of those are debatable but most people I think would agree Xbox tends to be more polished in the software area.

I for onestick to Xbox because I love Halo and Gears franchises. Also, the Xbox controller is a huge deal. The dual shock is a deal breaker for me. I have played a few PS3 games and the controller just prevents me from enjoying them very much.

All these preferences could be in favor of PS4 for some people. The point is there's a whole lot different between the systems than Kinect.

vfguy said:
Even time-constrained multiplatform launch games should show a clear difference if it is soooo much more powerful and soooo easy to develop for.

ESPECIALLY with games like BF4 that should be easily scalable because of the superior PC version.

We should see better framerates and graphics even with launch games if what Sony and their fans are claiming is actually correct.

Yeah it is funny on one hand you have people saying this, then on the other people are going to say MS paid if there's no difference...

Which is it?

If a PS4 multiplat looks a little better, you better believe some people are going to act like it means PS4 is 100,000 times more powerful and that Xbox is a joke. So if X1 multiplats are even or better, you better believe I'm going to hammer PS4 for not living up to it's hype. There will be no excuses.

Around the Network
fallen said:
whatever said:
This doesn't change the fact that MS is charging $100 more, basically for kinect. If kinect is not your thing, it makes no sense to buy it instead of the PS4.

There's a million reasons why, better online, better/smoother operating system, faster downloads, more games with dedicated servers, plus exclusives.

Many of those are debatable but most people I think would agree Xbox tends to be more polished in the software area.

I for onestick to Xbox because I love Halo and Gears franchises. Also, the Xbox controller is a huge deal. The dual shock is a deal breaker for me. I have played a few PS3 games and the controller just prevents me from enjoying them very much.

All these preferences could be in favor of PS4 for some people. The point is there's a whole lot different between the systems than Kinect.

What can you describe to be polished in Microsofts first party software area outside of Halo and Forza? I am saying in your opinion.

fallen said:
SxyxS said:

360 usually ran multiplats better than PS4 though. So how do you explain that?

I agree somewhat with your overall claim.

But in the flip side, the smallest difference will be magnified  on message boards "what? PS4 renders two more pixels???? PS4 BLOW AWAY XBOX ONE VERSION" etc.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about that

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

One thing we know from console gens previous.

Architecture > Raw Power

In a little over 2 months - we'll have people benchmarking systems, Digital Foundry/Lens of Truth framerate analyses, exclusive title review scores - the whole 90 minutes worth.

All this huffing and puffing and debating, trolling and name calling stuff is childish - and the "war" hasn't even begun.

Let that stuff begin when the consoles are released. Otherwise remember 2006.

Most people thought the PS3 would be the more powerful system. Many a rep talked up the cell, many a dev talked of the power. Then it came out.

Then after about 7 years we're here again.

This will be delicious.

whatever said:

I'll get a Xbox One if I want to play the best HD games available that I'm interested in like Forza and Titanfall.  If I want to be bored to tears with my games and be on VGChartz all the time with my dick in my hand bragging about useless specs then I'll go with a PS4.

User was warned for this post.

yo_john117

So some games are running the same on both systems. What is that, a moral victory of some sort? lol

As a famous rapper once said: "Moral Victories are for minor league coaches."  People can keep saying "it doesn't matter" repeatedly until they're blue in the face, but the fact is it sure made a difference in the PS2 era with it's lack of power with the first Xbox. Just look at Max Payne 1 and Splinter Cell.

When some games can't be done on Xbox One because of it's lack of power, I'm going to look back to threads like this just to laugh at them because it's all becoming flat out hilrious what people are saying now. Power does matter, especially when the weaker system cost a whopping 100 bucks more. And not to mention this guy is playing PR. So I'd take what the devs say over him any day of the week.