By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 Preview: Absolutely stunning visuals put Drive Club's graphics in the shade

kowenicki said:
Dallinor said:

It's the last and ony piece he's written on DriveclubLooking through the articles hes written I don't even see him mention Gamescom.

I'm surprised you would even try to defend this. Is it purely because it's what you want to hear?

thats that then... he cant possibly have seen it since.

I'm NOT surprised you would want to attack this. Is it purely becase it's NOT want you want to hear?

This is very true. He read it and said, F that I'm going to twist it to what I want to hear.

Around the Network
Dickens said:
I don't see the point of Driveclub. It seems like a second-string simulation that runs at 30 fps.

your right you dont, its not a simulator, its like a Project Gotham Racer, Arcadey, dynamic lighting, weather, but using licensed cars. 

Zekkyou said:
I was interested until i realized it was from the Daily Mail. What next, are we going to start posting articles from The Sun? ¬___________________¬

What do the ladies on page 3 think of next gen games?

Muddy last gen textures and pop in? That right there shows just how biased of a review it is.

Here's a comparison video that skips back and forth with 10 seconds of each game. Graphical quality is not much different, infact it actually looks a bit better on Drive Club.

If anything looked last gen from the two videos, it's the building models on Forza 5. Those looked really crappy for something that's supposed to be next gen. It's like playing the PS3 and looking at GT5 building models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3roDmPXAAwI

*edit*

Also, of  course it puts PS4 graphics in the shade.  The PS4 doesn't need to work as hard since it's much more powerful.  So it just sits back chillin' in the shade and the graphics still look better. 

HoloDust said:

TBH, I see comparison between them bit like this:

One looks terribly plasticky, other more real, but not so...fresh.

Did you have to get bananaking21's permission to post that comparison?  I think you're supposed to.

Around the Network

The number of confirmed cars is already passed 29 its in the low 30's already. Plus there was a news story last week that said the game will feature 120 new cars. My guess it will launch with at least 300 cars but probably a bit more.

kupomogli said:

Muddy last gen textures and pop in? That right there shows just how biased of a review it is.

Here's a comparison video that skips back and forth with 10 seconds of each game. Graphical quality is not much different, infact it actually looks a bit better on Drive Club.

If anything looked last gen from the two videos, it's the building models on Forza 5. Those looked really crappy for something that's supposed to be next gen. It's like playing the PS3 and looking at GT5 building models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3roDmPXAAwI

*edit*

Also, of  course it puts PS4 graphics in the shade.  The PS4 doesn't need to work as hard since it's much more powerful.  So it just sits back chillin' in the shade and the graphics still look better. 

Well I found Drive Club's shade more interesting than that of Forza 5.  Could be the tracks or whatnot, but that video does correspond with the banana pics pretty well.

kowenicki said:
Necromunda said:
Wouldn't really compare Drive Club and Forza to be honest, they are trying to achieve different things. I'll wait for Gran Turismo on the PS4 to make the appropriate comparisons.

Lets be honest... you'll probably need to compare that with Forza6

Since Turn10 is under contract to release a Forza game every two years I see Forza 6 comming out before any GT game on the PS4 unless it gets a GT Prolouge.

on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3roDmPXAAwI

Video quality is not really good, this may be this or the color, but forza cars look like a plastic toy to me. anyway i don't play cars game so not matter to me :)

It may be just me, but for all of the new car racing games, I can't tell a difference between them graphically.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.