By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 Preview: Absolutely stunning visuals put Drive Club's graphics in the shade

i think you should be pointing to the fact that forza is just another rehash whereas Drive Club at least is trying something new and interesting

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Lol British people. When will they ever learn.

Tyre

You mean English people? its made in England....but your right when will English people learn the English language

outlawauron said:
It may be just me, but for all of the new car racing games, I can't tell a difference between them graphically.

I really can't tell a big difference neither I just know that Forza 5 will have a lot more content because sim racers usually have more content then arcade racers plus I'm sure that Turn10 will include more content then what was in Forza 4. 

Best to wait till they are released before making hasty judgements. Forza 5 definitely looks more finished and polished. It's probably been in development longer. Drive club has come on leaps and bounds since the initial E3 build which frankly was quite poor

Why bother with reviews anyway. You will be able to rent it or play a demo before buying anyway. The only people that should care are the ones buying both systems anyway. They will be the only ones that would have to choose.

Around the Network

does this guy realize we all seen both games,,i think both the car models and environments in dc look better than forzas.and without cutting a number of corners,framerate also looks smooth.. atleast going by gamescon... dont like the textures in forzas environments,seems lacking

this could have been written by bill gates,,,i cant believe this comes from a journalist? i mean,look at this  professional quote of BS  down below

To ensure maximum authenticity, the environment has been laser-scanned and meticulously recreated at 1080p and 60fps. In comparison, the PS4 exclusive Drive Club looked remarkably last-gen - with muddy textures and the demo riddled with environmental 'pop up'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2416402/Forza-Motorsport-5-preview-Xbox-One.html#ixzz2edkHoFPT 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can imagine a lot more r&d being put into Forza 5 than a new IP. Still, title does hold true.

Dallinor said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2345277/Drive-Club-hands-PS4.html

The first rule of Drive Club is... look past the visuals. Hands on: Drive Club (PS4)

• Enjoyable, well-balanced racing and intuitive gameplay mechanics
  • Graphics paled in comparison to Grand Turismo 6 and GRID 2, both of which are CURRENT gen titles
  • Demo showed game only 35 per cent complete, so visuals likely to improve

From the same "journalist".

So... It was in June; pretty sure he saw more of it during Gamescom.
Also the threads is about graphics... So the fact that Drive Club is not about that has nothing to do with it...

Not sure what is your point.

OP : Good to read that. I'm pretty sure Forza 5 will be awesome to play. Cannot wait for nov. 22nd.

Aww, I was expecting pictures to see the awesome graphics.

Changed the thread title to more accurately reflect the article.

OT: From the tiny bit that I've seen of Forza 5, the game should be pure eye candy.