By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 Preview: Absolutely stunning visuals put Drive Club's graphics in the shade

I don't know if this is off topic or not but I don't like ether. This is a new gen and we still don't even have semi decent damage in these "simulators". As far as the graphics, I really don't see one having better than another. The difference is minuscule at best...

Around the Network

Enjoy Forza 5. PS3 and PS4 gamers will be enjoying Drive Club and GT6. It's as simple as that.

Just clicked on source and all I've got to say is...LOL!!!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Enjoy Forza 5. PS3 and PS4 gamers will be enjoying Drive Club and GT6. It's as simple as that.

I sure wiil :).

Regarding the topic: I am only interested in the new consoles showing a progress over th previous generation; be it new features, better graphics or sound. Personally, I think Forza looks like a high-end game, but they both feature next-gen graphics. This over-whelming focus on graphics capabilities, for two consoles that have them in ABUNDANCE, is rmarkable :).

It's not hard to outclass Drive Club, game looks like a turd most importantly in the gameplay department but surprisingly the graphics department as well considering it's only running at 30 frames per second. Every video I see makes me wonder why I would ever buy it over a cheaper current gen NFS title. It's no wonder they are launching the game for free to all PS+ users.

Forza 5 on the other hand looks phenomenal. A better comparison would be GT6 or GT7 on PS4, but I am afraid we might be on Forza Horizon 3 by then.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Aww, I was expecting pictures to see the awesome graphics.

I rarely do pictures because hotlinks break, or can be blocked.  Also, it can throw the site into "Copyright Infringement Hell" if the are owned/licenced by certain services.

The link to the original article is there, where you can see those images.

I always source.

yo_john117 said:
Changed the thread title to more accurately reflect the article.

OT: From the tiny bit that I've seen of Forza 5, the game should be pure eye candy.

The thread title did reflect the article.  It was directly from the article.

When you clicked on the article, you got the specifics.  Do you honestly believe the comments, other than the ones about the title, would have been any different?  Is there anyone who said they would not have come in here (besides possibly you or Mr. Khan) had the title been differently worded?  No.

No matter what the thread title would have been, you would have had the same people coming in.  And they probably would have made some other comment other than the one they made about the title.

Driveclub looks to be more along the lines of Forza Horizon. I'm looking forward to this type of game which was limited on the 360 somewhat, but still a lot of fun. I can imagine a larger open world with more real people in it, which even Burnout Paradise seemed to do a better job of than Horizon.

Adinnieken said:
yo_john117 said:
Changed the thread title to more accurately reflect the article.

OT: From the tiny bit that I've seen of Forza 5, the game should be pure eye candy.

The thread title did reflect the article.  It was directly from the article.

When you clicked on the article, you got the specifics.  Do you honestly believe the comments, other than the ones about the title, would have been any different?  Is there anyone who said they would not have come in here (besides possibly you or Mr. Khan) had the title been differently worded?  No.

No matter what the thread title would have been, you would have had the same people coming in.  And they probably would have made some other comment other than the one they made about the title.

"Absolutely stunning visuals put PS4 Drive Club's graphics in the shade"

All I did was add the underlined which you forgot to put in, it's not a big deal (It makes a big difference though). This type of thing happens all the time.

Expected, anyone who thought/think DriveClub will be any where near Forza 5 level is....... well I don't want to say without being disrespectful but I know there are people on this site who actually believe DriveClub will be this great game.