By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 36 ( Sept 2 - Sept 8)

Soundwave said:
Japan doesn't take to new franchises it seems like. The Wonderful 101, Puppeteer, Ni No Kuni, nope, nope, nope. Neither does the West really, unless they are big budget type deals in familiar genres (ie: Titanfall).

I wouldn't call Japan terrible about new franchises. Starting in 2010, Japan's recently become fond of

*Call of Duty (They adopted the series a bit later, but the 2010 to 2012 entries sold about half a million each in Japan alone)

*Dragon's Dogma

*God Eater

*Just Dance

*Kid Icarus: Uprising

*Ninokuni (On the DS if not the PS3)

*Wii Party (Kind of a new series)

Not a lot of new series, I know. But considering how a new console generation is just starting, Japan's population is contracting dramatically, and video gaming is so deeply entrenched in the country already, I think a couple of major new series per year is a fair amount.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Pretty bad week for non-3DS hardware.

Surprised at how much fujioshis are keeping Prince-sama alive.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pakman is returning!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I wasn't aware of how close is 3DS of reaching Wii LTD. How long will it take to pass the PSP?

MC:
Wii LTD 12.696.951
3DS LTD 12.316.551

orniletter said:
ElPresidente7 said:
People waiting for WiiU price drop in Japan?
What could be an excuse for Vita drop?

And dat 3DS ... there are very few games which make hardware rise in advance of their release ;D

It is fascinating to watch, I think other 3DS games will re enter the Top20 again because some people who will likely get a 3DS for MH4 might just pick the latest Mario too :D !

i think very true, didn't M+L Go up by a little this week?

Around the Network

The MH4 week is going to be SO good.

MHP3rd gave the PSP a colossal boost, here's hoping it helps the 3DS a lot!

3DS has crazy numbers lol! Next week will be interesting!

tbone51 said:

after the less than stellar first week, it´s great that the M&L seems to have the usual Nintendo legs

The game deserves it, it is a bit more on the handholding and overexplaining side but everything else is great !

(I don´t know if you are planning on picking it up/ own it already)

RolStoppable said:

What a damn failure the Wii U is.

But it's fitting that it sells on PS3 levels, because the system's design is about as idiotic as the PS3's.

Nintendo fans, unite up !

...but you are right...:(

orniletter said:
tbone51 said:

after the less than stellar first week, it´s great that the M&L seems to have the usual Nintendo legs

The game deserves it, it is a bit more on the handholding and overexplaining side but everything else is great !

(I don´t know if you are planning on picking it up/ own it already)

i got a copy!