By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 36 ( Sept 2 - Sept 8)

Yayyy. Best time of the week.

Shocking but expected drop from Jojo. What is that in terms of percentages? Surely one of the highest ever?

I don't know what this Uta no Prince Sama thing is (visual novel, Wikipedia tells me), but it's been pulling some damn good numbers on PSP for quite some time now. The last game was still charting last week, iirc.

Dead or Alive 5 does poorly yet again. Barely better than the Vita re-release's numbers.

Puppeteer, too, massively underperforming. I'm presuming it was overshipped, although the game was never really targeted at the Japanese audience (seems like more of a SCEE kind of thing).

Killzone... meh. Pretty much in line with Black Ops Declassified's first week (bit lower); which is comparative to how Killzone does a lot lower in Japan than Call of Duty.

Oh and hardware. Vita definitely is a basket case right now. And it's only going to get worse until the new model comes out. Wii-U also seeing similar levels of basket-case-ness, and looking at the upcoming lineup, it's also not going to get better for quite some time.

Around the Network

Uggggggly for Wii U and Vita.

Puppeteer and Lost Planet 3 bombed.

Mario & Luigi 4 has done alright for itself with solid legs.

Japan is bracing for dat Monster Hunter 4 storm.

Ouch in Killzone mercenary and Puppeteer. Good sales for uta no prince sama ( good anime)

Kresnik said:

Shocking but expected drop from Jojo. What is that in terms of percentages? Surely one of the highest ever?

Yeah. It was such a massive drop off I thought for a second that this was its third week out. Definitely the biggest drop I remember seeing.

Guess Wii U Sales willgo up a little next week, till the launch of Wind Waker. But All numbers, even the new Games, are quite bad. Only 3DS got good Sales. But not the games so.

Around the Network

Pupeteer joins W101 as one of the biggest flops of the year.

Kresnik said:
Yayyy. Best time of the week.

I don't know what this Uta no Prince Sama thing is (visual novel, Wikipedia tells me), but it's been pulling some damn good numbers on PSP for quite some time now. The last game was still charting last week, iirc.

Dead or Alive 5 does poorly yet again. Barely better than the Vita re-release's numbers.

Puppeteer, too, massively underperforming. I'm presuming it was overshipped, although the game was never really targeted at the Japanese audience (seems like more of a SCEE kind of thing).

Killzone... meh. Pretty much in line with Black Ops Declassified's first week (bit lower); which is comparative to how Killzone does a lot lower in Japan than Call of Duty.

Oh and hardware. Vita definitely is a basket case right now. And it's only going to get worse until the new model comes out. Wii-U also seeing similar levels of basket-case-ness, and looking at the upcoming lineup, it's also not going to get better for quite some time.

I believe the percentage you are looking for is about 92%. That's a 92% drop on last week. Ugly indeed.

EDIT**

I should confirm I'm looking at Famitsu here. With MC, it's even worse. 95%+ really. That is mega. I was expecting 80% or so.

@Bolded- I knew it! You always bash the Vita and never have anything nice to say about the system. You need to lighten up a bit more!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Calm before the 3DS-storm

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

Poor W101.

And you can add Lost Planet 3 to that list.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

Puppeteer is a big bomb but I don't think its budget is anywhere near W101's.