By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the PS4 controller is better than the Xbox One controller

How does the Wii U Pro Controller fall in? It doesn't have any fancy geo-hibbits or vibra-ma-jigs but the thing feels pretty fantastic and works great in Call of Duty and Ninja Gaiden.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Imaginedvl said:
Cool story.

I'm sorry but now I've seen two posts like this one in a few hours, both from MS fans posting in a thread that shows PS4 in a positive light somehow. This adds nothing to the thread. If you don't like it, explain why or just don't comment on it. "Cool story bro" or "cool story" is just spam.

I agree, doesnt add anything.

attaboy said:
How does the Wii U Pro Controller fall in? It doesn't have any fancy geo-hibbits or vibra-ma-jigs but the thing feels pretty fantastic and works great in Call of Duty and Ninja Gaiden.

do you have it? if so question, how are the analog sticks compared to the DS3 and Xbox 360 controller? the nun-chuck had a really bad analog. just leagues far off of the DS3 and 360 controller analogs. the 360 wins though

pezus said:
Imaginedvl said:
Cool story.

I'm sorry but now I've seen two posts like this one in a few hours, both from MS fans posting in a thread that shows PS4 in a positive light somehow. This adds nothing to the thread. If you don't like it, explain why or just don't comment on it. "Cool story bro" or "cool story" is just spam.

Well, it does not really bother you usually to post anything like that in Xbox threads... But fine, after many months (or years) when someone state that it feels like "MadCaz" or like the other one who say that after 10 minutes it is going to be an issue; I cannot seriously believe this is not biased.

Either Microsoft R%D are total morons to have missed that issue, either it is just some crappy article from biased people.

I'm fine when someone state the other one is better (I do not like the DS3 for instance); but stating something like "felt like Madcaz controller" or "it hurts after 10 minutes" is completly morronic...

Then we have eThomaz coming in and "giving" his "non-biased" oppinion about both controllers... I will stop there...

Chris Hu said:

Not really because the left stick is easier to reach no matter if you are left or right handed.  At least the DS4 did one thing right by finally having inverted/concaved thumb sticks.

So I guess the right stick is placed wrong then, seeing as it should be where the face buttons are?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
attaboy said:

do you have it? if so question, how are the analog sticks compared to the DS3 and Xbox 360 controller? the nun-chuck had a really bad analog. just leagues far off of the DS3 and 360 controller analogs. the 360 wins though

I actually tested the Wii Controller next to my Dual Shock 3 and 360 Controller about a year ago.  Took a bit of time getting used to the location of the analogs in relation to the face buttons but I got used to 'em.  It feels almost slightly less comfortable than a 360 controller thanks to the 360's fatter grips and a little more comfortable than the Dual Shock 3.  I like the stick placement, now.  Didn't like it at first.  I actually think it's a wash compared to the 7th gen consoles.  Not much of an improvement but no noticeable drawbacks.  No analog triggers, though.  Best D-Pad in the business.

I wonder how it will compare to the 8th gen controllers, though.  I do, however, absolutely love the way the Wii U's primary controller feels.  I just wish the screen was multi-touch.

*edit* Analog sensitivity is almost identical w/ 360, too.  Less loose than the PS3's.  I don't have my Wii U controller in front of me atm but I think the analogs ar slightly looser.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
jesus christ the amounts of butthurt one single article can produce, who gives a fuck if ps4 is better or xbox one controler is better , just enjoy the one you will get on your prefered console and stop getting so damn butthurt about someone opinions.

and these attacks on sony fanbase , generalizing ? just wow . Some nasty mob mentality here against a single user too.

this is why i barely come here lately , the butthurt here lately is ruining this forum.

Oh the irony.

I don't play a lot of 1st person shooters so I barely use the right stick I have no real preference of where it should be placed and its pretty much in the same place on both the 360, X1, DS3 and DS4.

It's kind of funny...Everyone knows I swing more towards the Sony side (though the least few months have left me wanting to distance myself from Microsoft as wholly as I can), but I'm still kind of not on board with these new controllers. The dualshock 3 is quite possibly my all time favorite controller, so perhaps I'm just complaining about change, but what I see is a controller that looks like some cheap third party knockoff.

I still love how the dualshock 4 has inboard batteries instead of needing some BS battery packs like the Xbone controller. I don't understand how they can charge 60 for a controller and an additional 20 for battery packs on lesser technology when the DS4 has everything it has sans the force feedback triggers, but in addition has motion sensors, battery, and a clickable touch pad.

While I'm not sold on the PS4's controllers, at this point I still think it's by far the best controller for next gen. I love the WiiU Pro controller, but it's not nearly as technologically advanced.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

pezus said:
Imaginedvl said:
Cool story.

I got a ban for this and they get away with it?! hmm