By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP . Will it ever sell software ?

I keep expecting to see the software sales spike, for some reason it hasn't happened yet.

There are a lot of threads about Wii, 360 and PS3 games. Why don't you start one that shows us the games of 08 for the PSP. I'd like to see that!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

here we go again.
Every time PSP software thread comes up, some people are going to blame piracy.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 73,529

umm yes?

>, 50% of people buying one are using for multi-media s opposed to gaming

man, I just wish people stop pulling random number from their behinds.

Yes, it's a multi-media device, and yes, people do pirate, but people pirate on DS as well, and to me, easier to pirate on DS since you don't have to constantly worry about firmware issue.

I guess at this point, I will just have to buy games myself. Next game will be GoW and Crisis Core.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
DarkNight_DS said:
I keep expecting to see the software sales spike, for some reason it hasn't happened yet.

There are a lot of threads about Wii, 360 and PS3 games. Why don't you start one that shows us the games of 08 for the PSP. I'd like to see that!

Not a bad idea ... thanks for the suggestion :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

will sell better, when will have more causal games.
like nfs, pes and etc.
casual gamers usually don`t hack hw, so they buy legal soft.
while hardcore gamers and advanced users use cracked software.

and come on, on DS only casual thing is selling, don`t lie to yourself.
remove all mario, brain training and nintendo dog stuff, and you will see, how poor sales of real hardcore games are.
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin Nintendo 1 40,572

p.s. downloading throw internet is not stealing, you don`t hack developers site, and don`t download the game from there. You get shared software.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

p.s. downloading throw internet is not stealing, you don`t hack developers site, and don`t download the game from there. You get shared software.

Unless the developer actually states that their product is shareware or freeware, using their software without paying for it is stealing. 

@FishyJoe, so if i donwload shared mp3 song from friend computer, which he bought, i stole the song?

if i download shared backup image of game, which he bought, again stealing? nonsence.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

maybe when god of war chains of olympus comes out we mite see a bit of spike in software sales...

Well Sony can have there software sales if they drop the @#%@$#@ price >_>; I still don't get why it's so expensive to buy a PSP game >
I could have sworn I read somewhere that creating a UMD cost's a fraction of a dollar, why in gods name are we charging more than $30 for these things! I'm all about it's media capabilities, as it still has a pretty nice sized screen and functionality, but unless I can get some budget titles, I wont bother. I only game on a handheld when I have to, or if I'm REALLY bored. $40 just doesn't seem worth it for some titles.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.