By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP . Will it ever sell software ?

CrazzyMan said:
@FishyJoe, so if i donwload shared mp3 song from friend computer, which he bought, i stole the song?

if i download shared backup image of game, which he bought, again stealing? nonsence.

Unless he gives you the original paid copy it is stealing. There is no doubt about it. 

Around the Network

I agree, unless you own a copy of the game you burned, it's stealing.

That's why I spent pretty pennies on FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX PS1 games, so I can play it on my PSP.

don't steal dude, people in the industry have to make money somehow.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I don't think it ever will pick up since most people use it for more than just games.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

@FishyJoe, so if he don`t give the original copy, this is stealing?

so in that case, he must write mp3 song on disc, let me download song from him, and sent me CD with original mp3 file? And when i get the cd, this won`t be considered as stealing?
also he must then delete song from HDD, because he sent me cd with original mp3?
This must be a JOKE.

and, if you made a backup to hdd, and your cd/dvd got scratched or lost, you can`t use backup, since you don`t have original?
Another JOKE?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

FishyJoe said:
CrazzyMan said:
@FishyJoe, so if i donwload shared mp3 song from friend computer, which he bought, i stole the song?

if i download shared backup image of game, which he bought, again stealing? nonsence.

Unless he gives you the original paid copy it is stealing. There is no doubt about it.

There's plenty of doubt about it, because you can't steal intellectual property.

Slealing(or theft) concerns the taking away of physical property from the owner, so unless you went into a store and took a game without paying for it, you haven't stolen anything as the copyright holder has everything they had before.

Anyway, PSP's low software sales are due to:

-Sony marketing it as a multimedia device first and a gaming device second, hence people buying it as such. 

-Lack of original/quality titles for the first year and a half it was available with way too many PS2 ports. The term "PlayStation Portable" was being taken entirely too far.

-Lack of "pick up & play games."

-Almost no "must have" titles. 

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
Well Sony can have there software sales if they drop the @#%@$#@ price >_>; I still don't get why it's so expensive to buy a PSP game >< $40!!!! I can only begin to imagine what it is in other parts of the world ><

I could have sworn I read somewhere that creating a UMD cost's a fraction of a dollar, why in gods name are we charging more than $30 for these things! I'm all about it's media capabilities, as it still has a pretty nice sized screen and functionality, but unless I can get some budget titles, I wont bother. I only game on a handheld when I have to, or if I'm REALLY bored. $40 just doesn't seem worth it for some titles.

Yes , UMDs are extremly cheap to manufacture , and IMO because of this huge win/copy sittuation 3rd party developers are still supporting it . Still , maybe if they would lower the highest pricetag to 30 $ , than softwares would really sell :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CrazzyMan said:
@FishyJoe, so if he don`t give the original copy, this is stealing?

so in that case, he must write mp3 song on disc, let me download song from him, and sent me CD with original mp3 file? And when i get the cd, this won`t be considered as stealing?
also he must then delete song from HDD, because he sent me cd with original mp3?
This must be a JOKE.

and, if you made a backup to hdd, and your cd/dvd got scratched or lost, you can`t use backup, since you don`t have original?
Another JOKE?

It's no joke. It's stealing. 

Using a backup of software that you purchased through legal means, perfectly legal.

Using a copy of software that you never paid for, very illegal. 

I hope Sony fans don't think like you because you give them a bad rep.  

Lord N said:
FishyJoe said:
CrazzyMan said:

There's plenty of doubt about it, because you can't steal intellectual property.

Slealing(or theft) concerns the taking away of physical property from the owner, so unless you went into a store and took a game without paying for it, you haven't stolen anything as the copyright holder has everything they had before.

Try telling the judge this. You can absolutely steal intellectual property. The patent and copyright laws exist for this very purpose. 

There are going to be some titles that do a good amount of business. That said the PSP doesn't look like it's going to be a huge mover of software. I wish there were some tracking of how well the 1seg tuner (TV tuner) sold in Japan. I vaguely recall a Kotaku report that indicated it sold out when it was initially released (around 500k?). With the good hardware sales some devs may look at making some bigger games for the PSP but I don't expect them to be out until 2009. It's a shame. It's an excellent portable console.

Using a copy of software that you never paid for, very illegal.
IT`s CALLED SHARING.
SHARING is illegal? - LOL.

you DON`T have to pay for everything, to have ability to use it. YES you DO? LOL.

Ok, end "offtopic"(though low software sales on ds/psp because of sharing). You have your opinion, we ours.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far