By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo comments on PS4/X1 launch lineups - MEH

Every launch lineup in history is "meh" really in terms of an overall library. These things take time.

Around the Network

Launch line-up's are never fantastic. Nintendo are the last ones who should comment on other consoles' libraries though, they have a pretty pitiful showing themselves for a soon-to-be one year old console.

The fact of the matter is that there are 3 retail PS4 games that I can't play on my PS3. I think there are 4 for the XBox I can't play on a 360. Pretty meh to me. The Wii U's was mildly better in that regard, and the Wii U holiday lineup is way stronger.

iamdeath said:
carlos710 said:
I agree. I gave consideration at buying a Ps4 at launch just based on the hype but when I checked the launch line-up I was like: "WTF??? how in hell is this getting so much hype on the internet? damn fanboys..."

Then I looked at the "launch window" lineup and it's still terrible. Really, I just don't get the hype behind the same yearly multiplatform 3rd party games and not so hot first party exclusives.

Did you see the wii-u launch and it's lineup? Thats the issue. No console has a great lineup at launch, it's just that Nintendo has no right to talk.

No arguing that the Wii U had a poor launch line up too. However I think the Wii had a decent one. Atleast Wii Sports and Zelda TP was enough to keep me busy for a few months

But I still will give consideration to the Ps4 when The Order 1886 releases. From the launch window lineup is actually the only game that interests me. Still I'm not sure about spending $400 for a single game.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Reggie is right on this one "its all about the game" , is anyone actually geniunly excited about Killzone or Dead Rising? , to me the most interesting game on Xbox one is Killer Instinct and for PS4 its Knack, THAT is also true about the WiiU , what it is getting is Zelda Remake and a new mario, these three companies need to make something fresh already , or at least give older games a reboot, ironically I want to play rain and beyond two souls more than any of the "Next gen" games as well as PC games for that matter.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:

No arguing that the Wii U had a poor launch line up too. However I think the Wii had a decent one. Atleast Wii Sports and Zelda TP was enough to keep me busy for a few months

But I still will give consideration to the Ps4 when The Order 1886 releases. From the launch window lineup is actually the only game that interests me. Still I'm not sure about spending $400 for a single game.

You're right. Wii had a decent launch lineup, I thought. Wii Sports and Zelda were huge, and Excite Truck was  a very nice addition, as was Elebits. And unlike Wii U, for most of 2007 they had at least one first party release per month. So you had stuff like Super Paper Mario and Wario Ware and whatnot, along with a few quality third party releases, that really helped continue the momentum. That was what Wii U was really lacking.

In the ideal world, Wii U would have followed it's relatively strong launch, with games like Rayman, Lego City, MH3 Ultimate, Wii Fit or Party, Wario Ware, and either Pikmin 3 or Wonderful 101 within the first few months of launch. That would have helped immensely, to not have the drought they did. Otherwise, for all we know sales could've kept chugging along this entire time.

it's funny..that's what i think of wii u "meh"

The lineup might be 'meh' but for what it is, it is still a good deal better than the lineup of Wii U. I still say that despite Nintento's intention to compete with the Wonder Twins they have a ways to go.

Maybe they should just stick to what they do best, making games tons of people outside my demographic want. As it stands next to nobody who _wants_ a next gen HD experience will want the version of these games on the Wii U. Exclusives rule in this market and atm Nintendo is sucking at their own bread and butter.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
The lineup might be 'meh' but for what it is, it is still a good deal better than the lineup of Wii U. I still say that despite Nintento's intention to compete with the Wonder Twins they have a ways to go.

Maybe they should just stick to what they do best, making games tons of people outside my demographic want. As it stands next to nobody who _wants_ a next gen HD experience will want the version of these games on the Wii U. Exclusives rule in this market and atm Nintendo is sucking at their own bread and butter.

What exactly is "your demographic"? Because most people I know who own a Wii U, that are anticipating new Nintendo titles, are between the ages of 21-35.

That's a bad stab from Nintendo. Sony is doing much better at that department currently.