By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Wii U sales be the week of the price drop?

Wii U sales w/c 16th September?

<30k 15 6.88%

30-45k 23 10.55%

45-60k 27 12.39%

90-100k 22 10.09%

60-70k 11 5.05%

70-80k 21 9.63%

80-90k 14 6.42%

100k+ 60 27.52%

Who cares? It's Nintendo LOLZ! 7 3.21%

See results 18 8.26%

Total:218

Around the Network

60-70k

Edit - Make that 70-80k actually.

*climbs from under rock*

There's a price drop?

Sames as with the Vita, I think the Wii U needs more games to sell itself more than it needs a price drop. Sales for NA should be around 40K. Assuming a price cut in Europe, things should get to about 85-90K. Things will really pick up starting a couple of weeks after as games come out.

JWeinCom said:
Sames as with the Vita, I think the Wii U needs more games to sell itself more than it needs a price drop. Sales for NA should be around 40K. Assuming a price cut in Europe, things should get to about 85-90K. Things will really pick up starting a couple of weeks after as games come out.

Indeed, but at least Wind Waker comes out with it, no?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

200k, yes i am serious. I think the system will sell 5 mill through December worldwide

melbye said:
200k, yes i am serious. I think the system will sell 5 mill through December worldwide

Erm...I'm not so certain somehow.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Won't matter much because the last thing people are thinking as they pass it in the stores is "man, if only it were 50 dollars less". The problem is, people don't want it, period. If Nintendo wants it to rebound, they need to make people actually want this thing.

Conegamer said:
JWeinCom said:

Indeed, but at least Wind Waker comes out with it, no?

I incorporated the effects of Wind Waker into that.  Wind Waker is great to have out, but it's appealing to the Nintendo faithful who may have bought the console already.  A new Zelda title would help way more.  The market where the Wii U really has a chance to grow in is the "casual" sector, and Wind Waker isn't going to appeal to them.  

Overall though, I'm pretty optimistic about Nintendo after this.  I feel like Wii Party U has the potential to be huge, and could be the game that explains the benefits of the Wii U to the masses.  Super Mario 3D World seems like it was rushed to before black friday.  Hopefully the quality will not suffer, but that's a huge factor in the Wii U's black friday performance.  I think a Wii U with Nintendo Land for 300, Wii Party/Wiimote for 50, and Super Mario 3D Land for 60, makes for a very strong value against the $400 PS4 for many gamers.

Meanwhile, you have Wii Fit, which I think could be as big as ever.  People are always looking for an easy way to lose weight.  DKCR is a nice addition to the lineup at 50 bucks.  That's not to mention games like Scribblenauts and Sonic.  Definitely some good moves from Nintendo today. 

I though everyone was saying the cost was not an issue, but lack of anything good/new.

Do the consoles see an increase in september as we start to move towards the holiday period?

At the moment, dont see anything more than 50k-60k ww.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!