By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Wii U sales be the week of the price drop?

Wii U sales w/c 16th September?

<30k 15 6.88%

30-45k 23 10.55%

45-60k 27 12.39%

90-100k 22 10.09%

60-70k 11 5.05%

70-80k 21 9.63%

80-90k 14 6.42%

100k+ 60 27.52%

Who cares? It's Nintendo LOLZ! 7 3.21%

See results 18 8.26%

Total:218

This price drop will not do much. The cheapest Wii U was $300 and still is $300. You should think of this more like the Wii U getting nothing but a small memory upgrade. People could however have a stigma of the white wii u being the bad one, so this could help. Also since it is a month away, sales will lump to that week.

I'd say 85k and 5k the week before.

Wind Waker HD comeing out the same day will help.

Edited for a recalculation ;)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Whoa, there's a price drop? Is it gonna be £50/€50 over here, too?

All this happens in the couple of hours I head out...

I feel your pain Kressy! I was playing videogames when it happemed. Last time I make that mistake!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

the price drop include japan? if so, I'm expecting 120k, but the real improvement won't be seen on that week, it will be in the holiday.

Kresnik said:

Nintendo doesn't have a fixed price for the WiiU in Europe. Retailers can decide for how much they sell it. Therefore Nintendo doesn't have much influence on the price.

Besides... Europe already got inofficial price cuts that were worth more than $100 compared to launch price.

Will Wind Waker really push hardware that much? I was going to say around 60k.

Hell, I'll stick with 60k.

Around the Network

Anywhere between 70-80k.

Barozi said:
Kresnik said:

Nintendo doesn't have a fixed price for the WiiU in Europe. Retailers can decide for how much they sell it. Therefore Nintendo doesn't have much influence on the price.

Besides... Europe already got inofficial price cuts that were worth more than $100 compared to launch price.

Perhaps, but I expect a real push here in Europe come the launch of Ind Waker. And I imagine this cut will extend to Japan as well.

Barozi said:

I suppose.  I was hoping an "official" £50 off would mean even further retailer reductions :(

Michael-5 said:
Cannoly said:

because Zelda and so

Zelda releases 2 weeks after the price drop.

I say 70k WW, I don't think price was the issue. I think HW sales will creep up to 40/50k by September and this will add another 20K.

--

I mean, wasn't the old WiiU 8GB sold for $299 previously? I don't see a $249 8GB model, I think they dropped it.

Zelda and Mario were pushed up.  Zelda is same day as price cut now.

I think what I get from this thread is that no one is really sure how the system will do with the price cut. I like a good mystery!