By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Concerning Fact - Sony has yet to show anything running on an actual PS4

Max King of the Wild said:
ironmanDX said:
Wow, to think only few months ago the Xbox ONE was bashed on this site for using different hardware... Where are those people now, I wonder? Not bashing the PS4 obviously. We're 3 months out from it's release... come on guys?!? Where are you?

Because it's not the same at all.... read madworlds post two above yours

Then both should be bashed? Xbox ONE had it's turn and then some on this site for being behind and for being used as devkits also yet Sony is not? It may not be the same but the similarity are there and as you can tell, I'm not at all surprised that on this site the PS4 isn't being bashed.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
@ max king wild.

no it wasn't me. IM on my phone, for some reason it didn't post my reply with the quote.

im not into that crap anymore. Its sad.

i most likely will buy ps4 at some point.

competition in gaming is great. If i were that sad i would have missed out on gow3, uncharted and tlou this gen. Thankfully i appreciate other titles outside my xbox fanboyism. I still love gaming first.

Nice, I just noticed the date you sign up. Welcome back.

ironmanDX said:

Then both should be bashed? Xbox ONE had it's turn and then some on this site for being behind and for being used as devkits also yet Sony is not? It may not be the same but the similarity are there and as you can tell, I'm not at all surprised that on this site the PS4 isn't being bashed.

X1 was bashed because they were running computers with insane graphics cards. Not dev kits. There is no similarity. Conventions will ALWAYS be on dev kits...

Max King of the Wild said:
ironmanDX said:

X1 was bashed because they were running computers with insane graphics cards. Not dev kits. There is no similarity. Conventions will ALWAYS be on dev kits...

It was bashed for devkits also.... and for being behind. I oted how you didn't respond to it. I'm just dissapointed in the community a little to be fair. Th X1 got hammered like crazy but when news like this comes out about the PS4? Nothing.

ironmanDX said:

It was bashed for devkits also.... and for being behind. I oted how you didn't respond to it. I'm just dissapointed in the community a little to be fair. Th X1 got hammered like crazy but when news like this comes out about the PS4? Nothing.

I only remember the computers with the graphics card to be honest. I wouldn't expect developers to go out and get a retail ps4 when the dev kits are a ps4 that has their work.

Around the Network

@ ironman dx & max king of the wild.

bashing is unecessarry from all fronts. The only thing that is surprising is noone has seen a retail ps4 yet Microsoft has shown several. Based on the unamed rumours about being behind schedule etc i would have thought it the other way around. Lets be honest both machines pack a punch in power for an enclosed console. Its probably the hardest release for both companies in terms of yields and heating.

selnor1983 said:
@ ironman dx & max king of the wild.

bashing is unecessarry from all fronts. The only thing that is surprising is noone has seen a retail ps4 yet Microsoft has shown several. Based on the unamed rumours about being behind schedule etc i would have thought it the other way around. Lets be honest both machines pack a punch in power for an enclosed console. Its probably the hardest release for both companies in terms of yields and heating.

I agree. You should have seen the site when the X1 had DRM, it was ridiculous. Every X1 thread made was either negative and if it wasn't, it got hijacked. I'm honestly annoyed a little that the Sony fans just don't get that and would really like it if i happened to them, if only for a day. I mean, even the Vita gets left alone for the most part!!

Ok, I'm done. I've vented a little! Been up since 3am for work probably hasn't helped my attitude!!

so theyve being running on dev kits? lol, are we supposed to feel some sort of way about this. Dev kits are console speced but with additional resources for trouble shooting and workflow. If He said sony were demoing their games on some monster PC rigs then I would be concerned

ironmanDX said:
Wow, to think only few months ago the Xbox ONE was bashed on this site for using different hardware... Where are those people now, I wonder? Not bashing the PS4 obviously. We're 3 months out from it's release... come on guys?!? Where are you?

For using PCs, not dev kits

So Sony requested an "unlimited supply" for pre-order for the PS4. The PS4 has a date release. Even after the "unlimited supply" has been dried out, Sony is still taking pre-order and say that they do not promise day one delivery... They have over 1 millions pre orders around the world.
So let's assume they have heating issue, that will be the dumbest move ever to keep taking those pre orders while knowing your product is deficient with less than 3 months to release.
And in case they were to be that dumb, Xbox one can raise it prices to $600 and still win next gen