By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Concerning Fact - Sony has yet to show anything running on an actual PS4

ListerOfSmeg said:

Munkeh111 said:
Dev kits are fine. Isn't that the point of dev kits, to test to see if the game runs properly on the hardware

Yes totally.... forgetting of course a normal pc case is a lot larger than the ps4 case... no need to worry about over heating...

not that i agree with the op but come on man. if this is true the final design may need to be changed.. There is no harm in questioning things like this. Sony will still take your money

What have you done to the quote box?

And has Microsoft either?

Sony don't have issues with hardware, they have issues with software. just look at all their recent phones, laptops and tablets, they are look amazing but if they have any issues they are going to be with software

Around the Network

This is wierd news. Xbox one was e3 in retail form confirmed. Ryse, forza 5 and killer instinct all ran on real xbox one retail hw. Confirmed by digital foundry, ign and the devs of those games.

what's strange is i got the impression from some unamed sources for rumours that it was Microsoft behind on the launch

this would imply that Sony are the ones behind.

at games on there were over 40 xbox one retail hw there for titanfall, forza 5 et . Rows and rows of xbox ones at gamescom.

i remember Microsoft getting stick for some devs at e3 using pc devkits. It should have been aimed at Sony really. Both e3 and gamescom have gone by and still noone has seen or played actual ps4 hw. Hmmmm

is Sony this time the ones struggling with heat or yields?

I say selnor is the OP.

selnor1983 said:
This is wierd news. Xbox one was e3 in retail form confirmed. Ryse, forza 5 and killer instinct all ran on real xbox one retail hw. Confirmed by digital foundry, ign and the devs of those games.

what's strange is i got the impression from some unamed sources for rumours that it was Microsoft behind on the launch

this would imply that Sony are the ones behind.

at games on there were over 40 xbox one retail hw there for titanfall, forza 5 et . Rows and rows of xbox ones at gamescom.

i remember Microsoft getting stick for some devs at e3 using pc devkits. It should have been aimed at Sony really. Both e3 and gamescom have gone by and still noone has seen or played actual ps4 hw. Hmmmm

is Sony this time the ones struggling with heat or yields?

Well a PC running different equipment (Nvidia graphics) was a pretty big thing compared to running dev kits. 

According to the MS PR guy (there is a post somewhere around here for it).., the machines at gamescom were not retail, they were *nearly* retail... whatever that means.. but that would suggest they were devkits as well. The benefit MS has over Sony is that their devkits look the same as the non devkits to the untrained eye.

If you read my post further up, there is no real reason to *not* run dev kits at these shows. I'm not too concerned right now considering they have given a launch date and listed the countries which are more than MS. But it has been very difficult to predict who has been having problems, and Sony info has been pretty tight... but at the moment all things suggest Sony are not having Manufacturing issues/problems.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

ithis said:
public sudoku I say

Think how nerve-wrecking it must be!

Around the Network

Wow, to think only few months ago the Xbox ONE was bashed on this site for using different hardware... Where are those people now, I wonder? Not bashing the PS4 obviously. We're 3 months out from it's release... come on guys?!? Where are you?

ironmanDX said:
Wow, to think only few months ago the Xbox ONE was bashed on this site for using different hardware... Where are those people now, I wonder? Not bashing the PS4 obviously. We're 3 months out from it's release... come on guys?!? Where are you?

Because it's not the same at all.... read madworlds post two above yours

Max King of the Wild said:
I say selnor is the OP.

selnor1983 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
I say selnor is the OP.

Oh, okay. So... am I right?

@ max king wild.

no it wasn't me. IM on my phone, for some reason it didn't post my reply with the quote.

im not into that crap anymore. Its sad.

i most likely will buy ps4 at some point.

competition in gaming is great. If i were that sad i would have missed out on gow3, uncharted and tlou this gen. Thankfully i appreciate other titles outside my xbox fanboyism. I still love gaming first.