1956 40 32.52%

1985 4 3.25%

1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119

sat

The reviews are coming in, and although it was originally rumored to support online co-op (suggested by the leaked trailer before E3 2012), it is now clear that Rayman Legends has no online multiplayer component to speak of.

In my time here on VGChartz, I have learned that a multiplayer game with no online functionality -- an exclusively local multiplayer game, in other words -- is an ancient relic. Such a game belongs in 2006 at the latest, maybe 2009 if it's on a Nintendo console, but in 2013? That's disgraceful.

Do you think that Ubisoft is stuck in the past? Do you find their decision to omit online multiplayer from this title defensible? Can you think of any reason at all for Rayman Legends to eschew online co-op?

This is a huge problem, I can't believe no one else has brought it up. It's a major flaw in this otherwise stunning title.

tire

Around the Network

Meh, online multiplayer is astronomically overrated, especially in a platformer. If my fellow players aren't in the same room, it's just no fun.

No online no buy.

Boo. That was the one thing I was disappointed with Origins. I was so excited when this one was to support Online multiplayer. :( Still going to buy it and I'm sure it will be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I dont play online anyway so not a big deal to me

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Chances are Ubisoft can't properly implement online without it compromising the quality of the title, so I prefer for them not to shoehorn in a mess of an online mode unless they're certain its functional. Shit online play can usually detract from a great single player experience; Spec Ops is a good example.

It shouldn't really matter, a lot of people make a big deal of online multi-player, personally if a game has great single-player I don't mind if it doesn't have an online mode.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I see what this thread is all about.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Cobretti2 said:
I see what this thread is all about.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I should hope somebody does.

Not every game needs online.