What year is it???

1956 40 32.52%

1985 4 3.25%

1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119

Nobody has made such a great deal about it with Mario games. So what?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
ghettoglamour said:

Oh oh.

You just unleashed The_Dengle's Trap card. Now you are gettin it!

I'm an official enemy of the mushroom kingdom (deserved or not), so I can deal with that

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Alphachris said:
I do not need online multiplayer in most classical genres. If it has local coop then it is ok to implement online coop as well. But if there is only one option local coop will always be the superior one for me. Playing against someone you know who is sitting next to you is always better than playing against random people on the internet for me.

Local is much better even if it's the same friends online. Playing locally we couldn't stop laughing with LBP, playing online, same friends, not even a chuckle, boring. Plus more locations, more phones, doorbells and other distractions that come into play.

I'll be playing this with my wife and kids anyway, no need for online. I do need to get a new wii mote, one of them did not survive our 2 year old. It will still charge a battery pack but doesn't respond to any button presses :(

ghettoglamour said:

nobody is really making a huge deal, they just want support the game is all. Mario is Maio anything with his name on it is bound to sell.

BasilZero said:
ghettoglamour said:

Oh oh.

You just unleashed The_Dengle's Trap card. Now you are gettin it!

My trap card has been sent to the graveyard by the unbiased attitudes of VGChartz forumgoers.

Unfortunately, this was a lose-lose for said forumgoers in my eyes, which is why I had so much fun making this topic. If they came out overwhelmingly in defense of Ubisoft and Rayman, I would have felt justified calling out their hypocrisy. That didn't happen, though, so instead I get to be disappointed in how many people really consider a lack of online multiplayer a deal-breaker.

Maybe I can use that to point out some hypocrisy, though. Just today, EA was lambasted for saying they don't make offline games anymore. Gamers don't like that. Now Ubisoft tries to release a game with no online component, and pre-orders are canceled left and right. Make up your minds, gamers! Do you require an online component to virtually every release or not??

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Meh, online multiplayer is astronomically overrated, especially in a platformer. If my fellow players aren't in the same room, it's just no fun.

When I was younger this would be the case, as I would be at one of my friends or they'd be over at my house.  I live several hundred miles away from my childhood friends now so with them online is required.  My friends that live near me, I prefer online though.  Depending on the friend, it's a 15-30 minute drive.  So a minimum of $5 in gas just to play some multiplayer with friends when we could play the same game online without wasting gas going to each others home  It's not like we can't still use mics to talk.

kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:
Meh, online multiplayer is astronomically overrated, especially in a platformer. If my fellow players aren't in the same room, it's just no fun.

When I was younger this would be the case, as I would be at one of my friends or they'd be over at my house.  I live several hundred miles away from my childhood friends now so with them online is required.  My friends that live near me, I prefer online though.  Depending on the friend, it's a 15-30 minute drive.  So a minimum of $5 in gas just to play some multiplayer with friends when we could play the same game online without wasting gas going to each others home  It's not like we can't still use mics to talk.

Even with mics, I find it just so cold and detached not being in the same room. It doesn't have that social feel of a gathering of friends.

There is a chance for you. No guarantee, Buy Runescape Gold .And this chance has come to be, because there is nothing static with free people.WOW Gold-Diablo 3 Gold

curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:
curl-6 said:

Even with mics, I find it just so cold and detached not being in the same room. It doesn't have that social feel of a gathering of friends.

Doesn't mean you can't still play at a friends house every once in awhile.  When I go to a friends and play games, it's never planned that we're going to play this game, or if we're going to play a game at all.  Should I just avoid playing Rayman Legends so when I'm over there and we decide to play a game, if my friend even owns it, we happen to agree on playing that game?  The developers should give us a choice whether we want to play online or local multiplayer, they shouldn't just assume that we live next to our friends and have the same schedules so can meet up at a moments notice to play the games co op.

Are these developers just not taking into consideration when gaming started getting bigger with the NES?  That those of us who grew up in that time period are older now?  They're screwing the largest portion of their fanbase just because they want to be cheap.

kupomogli said:

Doesn't mean you can't still play at a friends house every once in awhile.  When I go to a friends and play games, it's never planned that we're going to play this game, or if we're going to play a game at all.  Should I just avoid playing Rayman Legends so when I'm over there and we decide to play a game, if my friend even owns it, we happen to agree on playing that game?  The developers should give us a choice whether we want to play online or local multiplayer, they shouldn't just assume that we live next to our friends and have the same schedules so can meet up at a moments notice to play the games co op.

Are these developers just not taking into consideration when gaming started getting bigger with the NES?  That those of us who grew up in that time period are older now?  They're screwing the largest portion of their fanbase just because they want to be cheap.

It doesn't affect me, I have a number of friends in the same suburb.