What year is it???

1956 40 32.52%

1985 4 3.25%

1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119

Personally, for this game, it doesn't bother me. For some games I would consider this virtually mandatory, for others, not so.

We seem to have developed this model of comparing a game against a checklist of 'essential' features to determine their worth. We don't criticise FPS for not having 50+ levels with secret exits. Different games and genres focus on different things.

I can absolutely understand individuals being disappointed in the absence of this feature because, perhaps, the only opportunity they have to play multi-player with their friends is online. Where i stop short is where people claim that a game MUST be globally scored lower because of the absence of one of these so-called essential features. It may affect the appeal of the game to you but it may not detract from the game for many other people.

Another example is those individuals who insist that Metroid should have any kind of multi-player. You are of course entitled to your opinion........but in this instance you are wrong and should crawl back into your hole! :P

Around the Network

I can't wait for Ubisoft to go third party so they have to get with the times.

This game would be an unplayable mess online,

Player2 said:

I can't wait for Ubisoft to go third party so they have to get with the times.

My personal favorite response so far.

Oh well nevermind, what i want in the game. Awesome platforming. is still there

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

It's because this girl's skirt physics would cause a problem while connecting to other problems around the world, or something.

VGChartz

ghettoglamour said:
Nobody has made such a great deal about it with Mario games. So what?

Everyone made a huge deal of it in 2009 with NSMBW, and recently with Mario 3D World.

BasilZero said:
P.S. Every co/op - MP game should have Online as a option - if it isnt - sign of laziness imo.

Right, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that it's a fast-paced platformer where quick reaction is key to the results. I mean, the fact that there is an inherent delay when communicating via the internet is irrelevant. And that's exactly why Nintendo also didn't put any effort into making their Upad exceptionally quick in communicating with their console - because it really doesn't matter if there's a heap of lag in the signal resulting in the game being nowhere near playable, the important thing is that it has "Online multiplayer" on the back of the box, right?

Or maybe, just maybe, developers should be making decisions based on what's best for the particular game, rather than being forced to fit online functionality into every game simply because "everything's online now".

Note: I'm aware that it's possible your post could have been, at least in part, tongue in cheek. But without certainty either way, I decided I'd address it as though it was serious, because there are a lot of people who seriously make that suggestion.

I was more upset when I misread the title and thought there was no local co-op.

I like playing Rayman Origins with the family and will enjoy the same style of play with Legends.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It still has local co-op so what's the problem? Playing a platformer online isn't the best idea.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"