1956 40 32.52%

1985 4 3.25%

1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119
Mr Khan said:
This is what happens when you design games with Nintendo consoles in mind.

Shit should've stayed on Wii U

yes cause lord knows how much better it woudl have done if it stayed exclusive to a system with THAT low an install base. Sure glad you dont have any power at Ubisoft

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:

yes cause lord knows how much better it woudl have done if it stayed exclusive to a system with THAT low an install base. Sure glad you dont have any power at Ubisoft

If you want other platforms to be contaminated by these luddites and their hideous offline world, that's your business, but if this Nintendo-fied crap has to infest anyone, the plague should at least be contained on Nintendo consoles.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:

If you want other platforms to be contaminated by these luddites and their hideous offline world, that's your business, but if this Nintendo-fied crap has to infest anyone, the plague should at least be contained on Nintendo consoles.

thats a pretty terrible point, especially since the predessecor to this very game did the worst on a Ninty platform(3ds version but im not going to hold it to that cause it was late as hell) and the had the worst selling of the console version(Wii). So i guess its not about Ninty after all

BasilZero said:

People use the argument of precision and timing....as if neither of those apply to fighters and shooters....

I have never played any fighter or shooter online and not experienced lag.

Nonetheless, the game continues. Maybe you get hit, or die once, no big deal.

If you lag during a platformer, it's very likely you'll die. Immediately. And be sent back to the last checkpoint or beginning of the level. Now imagine being at the very end of a difficult level and dying because of lag. That's a much different feeling from being about to win a round of MVC3, but losing instead.

I think the spoiler part at the OP gives away a bit the nature of this thread

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
BasilZero said:

People use the argument of precision and timing....as if neither of those apply to fighters and shooters....

If you lag during a platformer, it's very likely you'll die. Immediately. And be sent back to the last checkpoint or beginning of the level. Now imagine being at the very end of a difficult level and dying because of lag. That's a much different feeling from being about to win a round of MVC3, but losing instead.

never had much issue with Little Big Planet. And Killzone says "hey id dont lag"

BasilZero said:
You seem to be confusing "Everything's online" and "Online MP" - when people complain about everything's online, they are referring to DRM, I dont think MP is a form of DRM >_>.

In anyways, would of still been nice if they could potentially implement online MP to platformers in the future as technology improves. I mean if fighters can do it...why not platformers :O?

I'm not confusing anything - when I said "everything's online now", I'm referring to, for instance, EA shoehorning online into every game, trying to push everything online rather than trying to make the best possible game. I'm not referring to DRM.

And there's a key difference between platformers and fighters. In a fighting game, if there's a bit of lag, then much like in shooters, it just means a momentary glitch that might screw up a single move. In a platformer, a bit of lag can be the difference between making a jump and falling into a pit, or into an enemy, etc, and thus losing a life. It makes a major difference in a platformer, whereas it's just a minor effect in fighters and shooters.

Kresnik said:
Firstly, let me say that this won't affect my purchase of the game. I'll still be buying it for Vita (eventually) and I'll play it mostly solo.

But I don't understand the "oh it doesn't matter, local multiplayer is better anyway!" mentality. I 100% agree with the second part of that statement; I much prefer local multiplayer for these type of games. But that just isn't an option with my gaming friends anymore. Everybody has moved on with their lives - a few people are still in my hometown; some have moved to London; some have moved to Manchester; heck, some have even moved abroad. Getting even a couple of us together to play locally is a once-a-year occurrence these days.

So yeah, local is better. But it's pretty much practically impossible. And that's where online comes in. When my best friends moved to London, we kept gaming together on PS3. LittleBigPlanet was a joy to play online co-op - we must've been playing community levels on it for about 4 months straight.

Maybe I am the minority. Maybe everyone else stays in close enough proximity with their friends that local is always an option, so online doesn't matter at all. But it is a huge disappointment when a game like this - which is begging to be played with other people - doesn't include the option. Oh well.

This post is golden. I couldn't agree more, Kresnik. I will get it, but since it does not support online coop (which was the main reason I planned on getting it), I'll get it later for solo play. In the mean time, I'll just get other games with the coop/mp feature. I loved Origins, so I know what to expect here and it is a must buy for me, but not at this point in time.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

oniyide said:
the_dengle said:
BasilZero said:

never had much issue with Little Big Planet. And Killzone says "hey id dont lag"

I was just about to cite those two examples for the very same purpose.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I'm ok with local only.