1956 40 32.52%

1985 4 3.25%

1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119
oniyide said:

some people are just ignorant and havent played alot of games, which is cool. Or they are just lying which isnt.

Man, I guess I'm ignorant because I don't play LBP? Thanks.

I haven't played Killzone, either, because I don't have a PS3 and first-person shooters don't interest me much in the first place, and I know that from experience playing first-person shooters. Maybe if any of my friends were interested in Killzone, I would have tried it at some point, but not one of them is. Oh, I've played multiple iterations of Halo and Call of Duty online at various friends' houses (among other, non-FPS games), and they've all lagged. No matter the console. No matter the connection.

I have a great connection at my house and I get tons of lag on Team Fortress 2 on my computer.

I'm pretty sure I have played quite a lot of games, but I'm certainly not lying. Lag happens everywhere all the time. I don't play a lot of platformers either, and I don't think any of my friends are into LBP. But even in a game like Super Meat Boy, where the time between attempts is kept to a bare minimum, the game is great because every time you fail, it's your fault. You're never screwed over by something entirely outside of your control, like lag. And a split second of lag in a game like that would absolutely kill you, and it would absolutely be frustrating, no matter how quickly you would recover from it.

And now this conversation has brought back my PTSD from my Battle.net days... oh god... so... much... lag...

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
oniyide said:

some people are just ignorant and havent played alot of games, which is cool. Or they are just lying which isnt.

Man, I guess I'm ignorant because I don't play LBP? Thanks.

I haven't played Killzone, either, because I don't have a PS3 and first-person shooters don't interest me much in the first place, and I know that from experience playing first-person shooters. Maybe if any of my friends were interested in Killzone, I would have tried it at some point, but not one of them is. Oh, I've played multiple iterations of Halo and Call of Duty online at various friends' houses (among other, non-FPS games), and they've all lagged. No matter the console. No matter the connection.

I have a great connection at my house and I get tons of lag on Team Fortress 2 on my computer.

I'm pretty sure I have played quite a lot of games, but I'm certainly not lying. Lag happens everywhere all the time. I don't play a lot of platformers either, and I don't think any of my friends are into LBP. But even in a game like Super Meat Boy, where the time between attempts is kept to a bare minimum, the game is great because every time you fail, it's your fault. You're never screwed over by something entirely outside of your control, like lag. And a split second of lag in a game like that would absolutely kill you, and it would absolutely be frustrating, no matter how quickly you would recover from it.

And now this conversation has brought back my PTSD from my Battle.net days... oh god... so... much... lag...

this isnt about your taste in gaming. You've never played Killzone, I have. And ive experienced no lag. So for you to say that every game has lag, is an ignorant and false statement to make. Not really negative, you just dont know.  And LBP does have some lag if the connection to the other person is bad, but when it doesnt lag its fine

and FYI, whats wrong with having options? not a damn thing.having a online mode doesnt take away anything form local or SP. If it sucks that bad, people wont play it that simple. But at least show people you are TRYING to do it.

oniyide said:
and FYI, whats wrong with having options? not a damn thing.having a online mode doesnt take away anything form local or SP. If it sucks that bad, people wont play it that simple. But at least show people you are TRYING to do it.

But if it sucks there will be thousands of threads on here saying they should not have bothered and should have concentrated more on local and SP.

Its a lose lose for game devs 

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Cleary397 said:
oniyide said:

But if it sucks there will be thousands of threads on here saying they should not have bothered and should have concentrated more on local and SP.

Its a lose lose for game devs 

not really, it depends how bad it sucks, and them putting online MP doesnt mean that they would have focused less on the other features, thats a fallacy IMHO something people say to make excuses. Hell some games have teams dedicated to JUST MP, so i dont buy that they would loose something. 

Its a case by case basis anyway. THis game was supposed to be a launch game for WIi U got pushed back to Feb then pushed back to Sept. THe hell were they doing that entire time? I know PS360 vita versions were worked on but did it take them that long? Maybe, but why wasnt it implemented from the jump? its a lose lose for them when its clear they're not trying. Smas Bros. Brawl had terrible online and people said that they might as well not have done it and i agree not because it would have magically made the other modes better(what was their left to put in anyway?) but because it was clear they didnt even try to make it not suck. It was unplayable.  I dont believe Ubisoft's devs are at that level of incompetence as the smash team where it would not be at least decent. Or at the very least not be a travesty that Brawl was.

...but hell maybe they are that incompetent and they decided to not even try.