What year is it???

1956 40 32.52%

1985 4 3.25%

1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119

btw... quit comparing LBP to Mario. LBP platforming is sluggish and not nearly as precise.

I think the lack of online is more for the concept of the game than any specific mechanic. Nintendo even says this in particular for many of their games as they feel its simply not as fun without in-room play.

Granted it may also just be due to what they think the sales of the game will be and don't want to invest in online infrastructure.

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
oniyide said:
the_dengle said:
BasilZero said:

People use the argument of precision and timing....as if neither of those apply to fighters and shooters....

I have never played any fighter or shooter online and not experienced lag.

Nonetheless, the game continues. Maybe you get hit, or die once, no big deal.

If you lag during a platformer, it's very likely you'll die. Immediately. And be sent back to the last checkpoint or beginning of the level. Now imagine being at the very end of a difficult level and dying because of lag. That's a much different feeling from being about to win a round of MVC3, but losing instead.

never had much issue with Little Big Planet. And Killzone says "hey id dont lag"

I was just about to cite those two examples for the very same purpose.

some people are just ignorant and havent played alot of games, which is cool. Or they are just lying which isnt.

superchunk said:
btw... quit comparing LBP to Mario. LBP platforming is sluggish and not nearly as precise.

I think the lack of online is more for the concept of the game than any specific mechanic. Nintendo even says this in particular for many of their games as they feel its simply not as fun without in-room play.

Granted it may also just be due to what they think the sales of the game will be and don't want to invest in online infrastructure.

No, no we wont, their both platformers of the same genre so we will continue to compare. 

Ninty says alot of things, some of them even true. In-room play, probably the most pathetice cop out ive heard in a while(If they even said this) that could be said for ANY game period. Ninty isnt special, especially when some of their very own games have online MP. Mario Kart, Smash Bros., freaking Luigi's Mansion? THat game warrants online alot less than 2d Mario, but you know what. ITs Ninty i expect no less or no more, they have already been dragged into the online realm kicking and screaming, while still lagging far behind anyone else in that arena. Their not going to resort more resources to that unless they have to and with Mario they dont have to. 

But that has nothing to do with Ubisoft which knows how to do online, and has a decent track record of having online games work. So im not buying that its some "technical" issue, thats BS. THey probably didnt want to spend money on an online infrastructure and thats cool, i wont spend my money on thier game(not full price, anyway). We're all happy

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:

I cant believe people actually believe this to be the reason lmao. So in that case why do they put online MP for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros? Why not take it off for the same reason?

Seriously Miyamoto has stated even during Wii years that games like NSMBWii didn't have multiplayer as he intended it to be a local multiplayer only experience and games like smash/kart are obviously pure competition and thus online fits just as well. (in his opinion)

I'm good with online option always personally and if Wii Speak worked as intended it would have created that in-room experience without being in room. However that piece of shit sucked and was not used by even Nintendo. assholes. Waste of $15 on my part.

I blame Nintendo?
/sarc

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
BasilZero said:
superchunk said:

I cant believe people actually believe this to be the reason lmao. So in that case why do they put online MP for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros? Why not take it off for the same reason?

Seriously Miyamoto has stated even during Wii years that games like NSMBWii didn't have multiplayer as he intended it to be a local multiplayer only experience and games like smash/kart are obviously pure competition and thus online fits just as well. (in his opinion)

I'm good with online option always personally and if Wii Speak worked as intended it would have created that in-room experience without being in room. However that piece of shit sucked and was not used by even Nintendo. assholes. Waste of $15 on my part.

you bought that? dear lord, now thats a fan

This game does not need online co-op, it would have been a far bigger mistake if it lacked offline co-op instead.

Playing in the same room as somebody is far more fun, especially in games like this. It bothers me a lot that splitscreen multiplayer has almost disappeared this gen at the expence of online gaming. Why can't we have both?

This doesnt bother me at all.
I dont want to random with some guy on a platformer, i want to experience the fun with my friends in the same room, thats where the magic in this style of platformer lays.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Cleary397 said:
This doesnt bother me at all.
I dont want to random with some guy on a platformer, i want to experience the fun with my friends in the same room, thats where the magic in this style of platformer lays.

I fully agree.

BasilZero said:
Aielyn said:
BasilZero said:
You seem to be confusing "Everything's online" and "Online MP" - when people complain about everything's online, they are referring to DRM, I dont think MP is a form of DRM >_>.

In anyways, would of still been nice if they could potentially implement online MP to platformers in the future as technology improves. I mean if fighters can do it...why not platformers :O?

I'm not confusing anything - when I said "everything's online now", I'm referring to, for instance, EA shoehorning online into every game, trying to push everything online rather than trying to make the best possible game. I'm not referring to DRM.

And there's a key difference between platformers and fighters. In a fighting game, if there's a bit of lag, then much like in shooters, it just means a momentary glitch that might screw up a single move. In a platformer, a bit of lag can be the difference between making a jump and falling into a pit, or into an enemy, etc, and thus losing a life. It makes a major difference in a platformer, whereas it's just a minor effect in fighters and shooters.

I'm pretty sure what you think and what they are trying to do are two different things.

I see people saying LBP is fine with online MP. Why is it that it would be a issue with Nintendo? Is it because their online infrastructure isnt as good as Sony's or what o.O?

I'm pretty sure it wont hurt to try - sure you'll lag if you play with someone from across the world that is a given - but I'm sure online MP will be fine as long as you play with someone who is living in your own country. I have had no issues whatsoever with any game playing with my friends who live in the east coast and west coast US - this includes online MP on a emulator l0l.

LBP is an imprecise, floaty platformer (which does suffer from lag). It is not the barometer by which to measure the online potential of a more refined, pixel perfect precision style of platformer. Rayman leans more towards the floaty style though, so LBP is a fine comparison for it. I guess Ubisoft are lazy and we just don't care.

VGChartz