1999 11 8.94%

2009 3 2.44%

2013 45 36.59%

2015 16 13.01%

Total:119
BasilZero said:
Weedlab said:
Ugh fuck ... that was a false alarm. -___-

The dude with the Gohan avatar raised your hopes right?

Well then...

NOPE!

Ha ha! Ubisoft Unprecendented support confirmed!

I am pissed dude. if they stated it wouldn't have online play from the beginning then this would not have been an issue for me. I would have managed my expectations and acquired it, but I set my mind on getting this to play with my friends in Trinidad and Colombia since we're all in different countries. At least Nintendo let us know early we're not going to get online play. And if I wasn't an informed consumer I would have thought the Vita version had online based on what I saw at retailers. I thought they would have learned from Origins and address this. I know PLENTY of people who played the demo and pre-ordered, only to cancel after hearing it has no online play.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
curl-6 said:

I'm just saying, this news will not be a big deal to most potential Wii U buyers.

Of course it wont be since none of them will buy it. l0l

Some will, but quite a few still seem to be pissed off about the delay.

oniyide said:
Weedlab said:
the_dengle said:
Weedlab said:

Well then ... Pre-order cancelled. I'll get it later when cheap. Great series, but at this point I just want to play with my friends and have a good time. Ill play Dragon's Crown with them still. My friends and I were lining up to buy Origins and then we learned it didn't have online coop, so that was 60 X 4 that was lost. We each got it at 20 instead. Rayman is one of those platformers that is MUCH better with friends.

This is the opposite of what I was hoping to accomplish with this thread.

Ubisoft, I'm sorry for bringing this to people's attention.

lol To be honest, if I knew from the beginning this wasn't going to have online coop I would have preparred myself for that. But for months we all thought it would - even Amazon has online coop via wifi for the Vita version. These days I have little time to game so when I do I prefer to play with friends. I'll catch up on the solo experience when I have time around the holidays. I'll just get it around then.  For now I'll get other coop/mp games to play with friends. While I don't like that Mario 3d land won't have online coop on Wii U, I respect Nintendo for letting us know about the status early.

im i missing something? i always thought that everyone knew it didnt have online co-op. Origins didnt, so why would anyone think this would?

So you're suggesting because the predecessor didn't have the feature then that automatically means the follow up game won't have it? If I'm not mistaken plenty people were under the impression this one would have online play. Even retailers have that info (at least for Vita). At this point the details are hazy but I recall there was something on the part of Ubi that suggested as much (albeit not a confirmation).

BasilZero said:

Didnt someone say Origins had poor online co-op? Maybe that is the reason why they dropped online completely?

Shame you cant connect via your own as a host like on PC games.

But I do agree with you on your frustration, really sucks that this game doesnt have online cause I know some other people who were also expecting it :(

Origins didn't have, but I believe it had to do with quality.

Life goes on man. Plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

BasilZero said:
Chevinator123 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5617251

You should look at the source of his post.

The guy in GAF edited his post and said it really doesnt have Online Co-Op.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78439241&postcount=7774

^ At the bottom of the post in GAF.

dam =/ my bad

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Weedlab said:

I am pissed dude. if they stated it wouldn't have online play from the beginning then this would not have been an issue for me. I would have managed my expectations and acquired it, but I set my mind on getting this to play with my friends in Trinidad and Colombia since we're all in different countries. At least Nintendo let us know early we're not going to get online play. And if I wasn't an informed consumer I would have thought the Vita version had online based on what I saw at retailers. I thought they would have learned from Origins and address this. I know PLENTY of people who played the demo and pre-ordered, only to cancel after hearing it has no online play.

Didnt someone say Origins had poor online co-op? Maybe that is the reason why they dropped online completely?

Shame you cant connect via your own as a host like on PC games.

But I do agree with you on your frustration, really sucks that this game doesnt have online cause I know some other people who were also expecting it :(

it had no online whatsoever

Weedlab said:
oniyide said:
Weedlab said:
the_dengle said:
Weedlab said:

Well then ... Pre-order cancelled. I'll get it later when cheap. Great series, but at this point I just want to play with my friends and have a good time. Ill play Dragon's Crown with them still. My friends and I were lining up to buy Origins and then we learned it didn't have online coop, so that was 60 X 4 that was lost. We each got it at 20 instead. Rayman is one of those platformers that is MUCH better with friends.

This is the opposite of what I was hoping to accomplish with this thread.

Ubisoft, I'm sorry for bringing this to people's attention.

lol To be honest, if I knew from the beginning this wasn't going to have online coop I would have preparred myself for that. But for months we all thought it would - even Amazon has online coop via wifi for the Vita version. These days I have little time to game so when I do I prefer to play with friends. I'll catch up on the solo experience when I have time around the holidays. I'll just get it around then.  For now I'll get other coop/mp games to play with friends. While I don't like that Mario 3d land won't have online coop on Wii U, I respect Nintendo for letting us know about the status early.

im i missing something? i always thought that everyone knew it didnt have online co-op. Origins didnt, so why would anyone think this would?

So you're suggesting because the predecessor didn't have the feature then that automatically means the follow up game won't have it? If I'm not mistaken plenty people were under the impression this one would have online play. Even retailers have that info (at least for Vita). At this point the details are hazy but I recall there was something on the part of Ubi that suggested as much (albeit not a confirmation).

No im not suggesting that, but this is Ubisoft and this is Rayman, they were doing stupid things all through out the making of this game, so i never expected online TBH. Who were these people their was on indication that this game would have online. Retailers had little info because it was delayed so many times hell the Vita version was the last one to get announced and that was back in June? not to long ago.  So its not like it was even talked about that long.

BasilZero said:
Oh Origins didnt have online co-op? Nvm then.

Has any Rayman game have had online co-op?

I wonder why these companies never implement online co-op with platformers, it would be SO BIG!

actually a few of them do, its only Ninty that seems against it and Ubi as well. Sony does it with LBP series, hell I think the PSN version of Sonic 2 has online

In light of the great reviews the game is getting, I am actually back on board. Just cancelled my Zelda preorder for now and relocated the funds to legends Wii U. Don't care about online MP, I have family and friends to play with.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I do not need online multiplayer in most classical genres. If it has local coop then it is ok to implement online coop as well. But if there is only one option local coop will always be the superior one for me. Playing against someone you know who is sitting next to you is always better than playing against random people on the internet for me.