By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One is actually more powerful than the PS4

PS4 is much more powerful.

DEAL WITH IT

Around the Network

JoeTheBro: Well yeah but not to the point where there was less games and not so nick picky.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:

JoeTheBro: Well yeah but not to the point where there was less games and not so nick picky.

We have less games?

AnthonyW86 said:
I think this guy is living in the past. Since online on the Xone isn't mandatory anymore developers can't build a game partly based on cloud computing. That would mean the game wouldn't function without internet.

I believe MS mentioned there would be solutions for handling internet drop-outs or all out lack of internet when playing games that have cloud-boosted processing.

What MS really is doing here is making a bet on a more future proof plan for their console. Internet speeds and adoption rates will keep getting better and so will the power of their cloud computing system. Sure games in the first year or two might not use it much, but 3, 4, 7 years down the line and we could see cloud-boosted games really start to jump out ahead. Especially as MS fine-tunes their dev tools to allow graceful switching between just Xbox One hardware and XOne + Cloud.

I also think you will see Always Online games becoming more and more popular over this coming gen. Last gen we had a few, but they largely flopped because of poor server management and tons of glitches.

It dosn't metter ps4 is 100 dollars less expensive

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
This again? It's comical now! "Cloud, cloud, cloud".

In other news, the PS4 is still more powerful on Cloud Reality.

What's even more funny is MS clearly made Activision not talk about the PS4's dedicated COD servers (Even though it is inevitably true).  LOL its like when you buy an Xbox you pay for the extra marketing instead of the extra hardware...

Bookmarking this for crow time when PS4 CoD Ghosts still uses P2P

And really, this again? It's just flipping comical how anything pro MS means they paid for it... I sure love being able to make claims with no evidence what-so-ever just because it pleases my personal agenda!

pokoko said:
"Lanham Napier, CEO of Rackspace, said in an earnings call (transcribed by SeekingAlpha) that Sony is now an “enterprise customer” for the company, continuing:

Sony PlayStation recently signed a services agreement with Rackspace, under which our developers and architects will be consulting and supporting the PlayStation team with their OpenStack private cloud deployment." http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/09/playstation-brings-on-rackspace-talent-to-help-with-openstack-private-cloud-deployment/

Several comments for this.

1. Rackspace is much smaller.

2. Their performance is weaker than Azure.

3. They are actually more expensive than Azure...

4. Sony going a third party route, if they choose to use these servers for dedicated servers, cloud processing, storage, Gaikai, or whatever, will include much higher costs to Sony and/or Devs than with the Azure system. If Sony decides they want/need more, they have to buy more, and those servers can't be repurposed easily to other aspects of their business since they are again third party servers to begin with. With Azure, if Xbox One isn't using all he servers, they can be used for other businesses around the world. So if MS needs/wants more servers they will add more to their system and be able to still profit off of them instead of only incur costs from them.

Haha.

No it's not.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

BasilZero said:

Walsfinir or w/e the southpark guy's name was pre-ordered a PS4 yesterday

and now Somini is posting a positive Xbox thread.

Times are changing.

@OT - Power of the Cl0ud!

Walsfinir is suffering from temporary insanity!  Leave him alone, and be ready to take care of him when he falls in that massive trowel of regret.

We all have to learn in our own way, and sometimes that is the hard way.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!