By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Will Vita's Sales Be With The Official Price Cut In The US?(Week Ending Aug 24th)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:
I think maybe 15K. It will get a nice little boost, but overall price is not what's holding the device back.

i think it should do alot more, but just the first week or so, jump up with killzone then do 15k-20k avg a week!

I don't think so.  Killzone isn't a really huge franchise, and it's not a slow burning franchise either.  The Vita could likely do 20K when Killzone comes out, but it's not going to be a sustained boost.  It'll be like the Wii U with Pikmin.  A small jump then back to normal in 2-3 weeks.

It's not a huge franchise but people have been dying for a proper FPS game on the Vita and this one looks to deliver. 

I'm going to say 28,873

I'll say 30k FW and then an average of 10-15k.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

40k...why not?

(Mostly because it's not taken yet.)

Around the Network

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I'm guessing here but 17,504 to 22,212. Also depends how much they promote it.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

15-20K......fine then....17K.

riderz13371 said:
JWeinCom said:
tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:
I think maybe 15K. It will get a nice little boost, but overall price is not what's holding the device back.

i think it should do alot more, but just the first week or so, jump up with killzone then do 15k-20k avg a week!

I don't think so.  Killzone isn't a really huge franchise, and it's not a slow burning franchise either.  The Vita could likely do 20K when Killzone comes out, but it's not going to be a sustained boost.  It'll be like the Wii U with Pikmin.  A small jump then back to normal in 2-3 weeks.

It's not a huge franchise but people have been dying for a proper FPS game on the Vita and this one looks to deliver.

The 3DS is pushing about 30-35K a week, with the XBox 360 a bit below that.  The Vita currently sells about 5K a week.  Boosted to about 8K with Dragon Crown.  Wii U sells between 8 and 10 K a week.  Boosted to about 16K with Pikmin 3. 

If we assume the price cut doubles the demand of the Vita, it's still a baseline of 10K or so a week.  That would put it around the baseline sales of the Wii U.  Even if Killzone gives a bigger boost than Pikmin 3, we're at maybe a little over 20K for that week.  An average og 20K is not realistic until perhaps the holidays..

People just aren't being all that realistic.  People are expecting 5-9X increases from baseline sales for week 1.  And 4X the baseline sales from then on?  I think people need to be more realistic.

20k, anything lower and the system is dead with no change to recover