By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

Spam post replaced with the first PlayStation

-Smeags

Around the Network

Welcome to the Nation...!

I'm still torn.. PS4 definitly looks like Sony's most appealing console to me yet, being cheaper than Xbone and will probably have a better and more diverse library. If I DID get one it would also be my first Sony console.. But Xbone has Gears online, which cannot be experience on PS4, and which has been my favorite experience of this generation.

walsufnir said:

Yes, it happened - I just pre-ordered Playstation 4.

Sony is really convincing me currently that PS4 is going to be a great gaming system. I think this applies to Xbone, too, but I won't buy it at launch. I will have to see how they perform and how reviews are going to be.

I already played a lot of Playstation-games until now (mostly on emulators, though) but somehow they didn't really convince me to buy there hardware ever which has changed now.

One question: Do I have to get PS+ now to get Driveclub-demo for free or is the free trial membership sufficient?

I don't really buy it for Knack because I think it is meh but I will get Killzone :) I think the launch-lineup isn't that good when it comes to exclusives but I will have some backlog on my beloved 360 so no problem to wait for excellent games on PS4.

Btw, it seems in Germany PS4 is *not* sold out... :)

So what games are you buying on launch?! Any recommendations? Perhaps I missed a gem...

To those who don't/won't believe me:

I dont understand why you preorder a PS4 but dont have a PS3. Its not like the PS4 has much to offer when it comes out  and the PS3 and PS2 have a ton of great games.

Btw   Hätteste mal bei Otto bestellt dann hätte die PS4 dich 350€ gekostet.

pezus said:
DJEVOLVE said:

You still have time to fix your mistake.

MS just announced they have the best launch line up in history, I agree, They have 300,000 servers, you a online gamer? if so, this is a must have.  Time to make the right decision. You can buy a ps4 down the road. No need to commit suicide. My brother did this with the ps3 and just ended up selling it because he only played his XBOX 360. This has happened to all my friend who own both systems. Not all them have sold it but I can tell you its getting no use at all, oh for it's blue-ray, yes, even some have just got new blue-ray players.  They like xbox live more.  

microsoft-xbox-one-has-the-best-launch-line-up-in-console-history

by William D'Angelo, posted 2 hours ago / 1,497 Views
Microsoft's Corporate VP Phil Harrison has made a bold statement claiming that the Xbox One has the best launch line-up "in the history of consoles." The Xbox One is launching with 23 games including Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Sone of Rome, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, as well highly rated third party titles, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, and Battlefield 4.

Microsoft announced at their Gamescom press conference earlier this week that every Xbox One pre-order in Europe will come bundled with a copy of FIFA 14 for free.

"... ultimately it's the games that make Xbox One stand out, and we have the best line-up of games - we think - in the history of consoles," Harrison told Computer and Video Games. "We clearly have strong exclusive games, and we have partnered with EA to bring FIFA to Europe in a very meaningful way. Football in Europe is the sport, and in some countries it's the religion. I think FIFA Ultimate Team is going to be huge."

"The reason we do our own studio investments and investments with third-party publishers is very simple - we want to make sure the best games are on Xbox," Harrison added. "We want to make sure the best developers bring their creativity to our platform."

Here is the launch line-up:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

Just trying to be the oppistion voice. Don't take it so serious.

23 games vs. Sony's 33. It's quite debatable. Both are good, and very similar for that matter. Why isn't Minecraft on that list?

I think  MS has the quality games.

Around the Network

I just broke and tried to buy the PS4 and Gamestop next to me. It's sold out and the Xbox One preorders close tomorrow. I think this is like a religious sign or something that I should wait until February for InFamous to come out.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
pezus said:

I always love that. Just hate that I had to wait months for the PS3 after America got it. Hmmm, if the price is reasonable I will buy it at (or around) launch as a christmas treat for myself!

Island it was, right? I wish you the best luck the price is reasonable so you don't miss the day-one-experience!

Yes, do you write it like that in Germany? Quite a lot like we write it ourselves . Much better than Iceland.

PS3 has been stuck around the same price since launch basically and only recently became quite a bit cheaper because of the 12GB model. It's all due to the insanely high taxes and VAT + inflation in recent years. I bet PS4 will cost more than PS3 did back in 2007, even though it's 200 Euros less.

I wrote it that way because I thought you would also write it like this :)

Does this apply to all products you have to import? (Which should be a lot, I can imagine).

Metallicube said:

I'm still torn.. PS4 definitly looks like Sony's most appealing console to me yet, being cheaper than Xbone and will probably have a better and more diverse library. If I DID get one it would also be my first Sony console.. But Xbone has Gears online, which cannot be experience on PS4, and which has been my favorite experience of this generation.

Is Gears Online a new game, or are you referring to the previous Gears titles?

Cause if it's the latter, then I think you should simply wait a year and see for yourself. What I mean is, Epic might not continue with the GeoW franchise altogether, Gears might become multiplat (Epic still owns the IP, and they are not going to sell it to MS), especially after quite weak Judgement sales, MS might not be willing to spend money on an exclusive deal for a bit tired franchise.

By holiday 2014 we might probably know the answer, Epic has not released a game since GeoW3, so it's very probable they will have something in store for 2014.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
Metallicube said:

Is Gears Online a new game, or are you referring to the previous Gears titles?

Cause if it's the latter, then I think you should simply wait a year and see for yourself. What I mean is, Epic might not continue with the GeoW franchise altogether, Gears might become multiplat (Epic still owns the IP, and they are not going to sell it to MS), especially after quite weak Judgement sales, MS might not be willing to spend money on an exclusive deal for a bit tired franchise.

By holiday 2014 we might probably know the answer, Epic has not released a game since GeoW3, so it's very probable they will have something in store for 2014.

I just mean the online play in the Gears games. Proably spent more time playing that than most other current gen games combined.. If Gears does indeed go multiplat (or if Epic insists on cranking out future Gears games with the same terrible quality as Judgement), there goes what's essentially my last reason to stick with MS.. Kinda hope it does, as it would make my decision much easier.

"Voraussichtliches Lieferdatum: Derzeit liegt uns noch kein Datum vor. Wir benachrichtigen Sie per E-Mail, sobald uns das voraussichtliche Lieferdatum bekannt ist."

Meaning: We don't know when the console will arrive... Damn!