By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

DJEVOLVE said:

You still have time to fix your mistake.

MS just announced they have the best launch line up in history, I agree, They have 300,000 servers, you a online gamer? if so, this is a must have.  Time to make the right decision. You can buy a ps4 down the road. No need to commit suicide. My brother did this with the ps3 and just ended up selling it because he only played his XBOX 360. This has happened to all my friend who own both systems. They like xbox live more.  

microsoft-xbox-one-has-the-best-launch-line-up-in-console-history

by William D'Angelo, posted 2 hours ago / 1,497 Views
Microsoft's Corporate VP Phil Harrison has made a bold statement claiming that the Xbox One has the best launch line-up "in the history of consoles." The Xbox One is launching with 23 games including Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Sone of Rome, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, as well highly rated third party titles, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, and Battlefield 4.

Microsoft announced at their Gamescom press conference earlier this week that every Xbox One pre-order in Europe will come bundled with a copy of FIFA 14 for free.

"... ultimately it's the games that make Xbox One stand out, and we have the best line-up of games - we think - in the history of consoles," Harrison told Computer and Video Games. "We clearly have strong exclusive games, and we have partnered with EA to bring FIFA to Europe in a very meaningful way. Football in Europe is the sport, and in some countries it's the religion. I think FIFA Ultimate Team is going to be huge."

"The reason we do our own studio investments and investments with third-party publishers is very simple - we want to make sure the best games are on Xbox," Harrison added. "We want to make sure the best developers bring their creativity to our platform."

Here is the launch line-up:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

Oh, the line-up is very good! If MS gets their stuff right (which they will do eventually, I think) I will buy myself an Xbone, for sure. That controller... But by now PS4 to seems to be the better platform and I also want to try something new. You can critisize stuff best if you own it ;)

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
JayWood2010 said:

Congrats man and enjoy your PS4 :)

Sony has a lot of good first party companies and Im sure you will be happy with your purchase.

Thanks, man. I will share all my experiences here en detail!

3 month update, I thought I would play it more. HMmmmmmm. I just picked up xbox one!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaa J/K.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:
dsgrue3 said:

I never thought I'd see the day. What titles prompted you to preorder? 

Not exactly a title, although KZ looks nice. It's the system as a whole. It's going to be a good gaming system, for sure. I want to play Gran Turismo again and TLoU, which will (hopefully) eventually available via Gaikai.

Oh. Yeah, it's not the system that I doubt. I'm just curious why you preordered as opposed to waiting. I'll buy it when I have to have it for a particular title or titles, but at the moment I don't have the compulsion. 

I want to be one of the guy who experiences a system by himself! Pah, reviews, previews. I can make my mind up myself, not getting influenced by biased media. Btw, I will share my thoughts and opinions in a thread here, of course :D

I always love that. Just hate that I had to wait months for the PS3 after America got it. Hmmm, if the price is reasonable I will buy it at (or around) launch as a christmas treat for myself!

Island it was, right? I wish you the best luck the price is reasonable so you don't miss the day-one-experience!

walsufnir said:
DJEVOLVE said:

You still have time to fix your mistake.

MS just announced they have the best launch line up in history, I agree, They have 300,000 servers, you a online gamer? if so, this is a must have.  Time to make the right decision. You can buy a ps4 down the road. No need to commit suicide. My brother did this with the ps3 and just ended up selling it because he only played his XBOX 360. This has happened to all my friend who own both systems. They like xbox live more.  

microsoft-xbox-one-has-the-best-launch-line-up-in-console-history

by William D'Angelo, posted 2 hours ago / 1,497 Views
Microsoft's Corporate VP Phil Harrison has made a bold statement claiming that the Xbox One has the best launch line-up "in the history of consoles." The Xbox One is launching with 23 games including Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Sone of Rome, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, as well highly rated third party titles, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, and Battlefield 4.

Microsoft announced at their Gamescom press conference earlier this week that every Xbox One pre-order in Europe will come bundled with a copy of FIFA 14 for free.

"... ultimately it's the games that make Xbox One stand out, and we have the best line-up of games - we think - in the history of consoles," Harrison told Computer and Video Games. "We clearly have strong exclusive games, and we have partnered with EA to bring FIFA to Europe in a very meaningful way. Football in Europe is the sport, and in some countries it's the religion. I think FIFA Ultimate Team is going to be huge."

"The reason we do our own studio investments and investments with third-party publishers is very simple - we want to make sure the best games are on Xbox," Harrison added. "We want to make sure the best developers bring their creativity to our platform."

Here is the launch line-up:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

Oh, the line-up is very good! If MS gets their stuff right (which they will do eventually, I think) I will buy myself an Xbone, for sure. That controller... But by now PS4 to seems to be the better platform and I also want to try something new. You can critisize stuff best if you own it ;)

I'm just being the opposition voice. Sometimes I do that and people can't see me or interact with me in person, So they take it to serious.

walsufnir said:
radiantshadow92 said:
get a ps3 u still missed out on more then tlou

Nothing that would interest me but perhaps Gaikai will tempt me to try some other games.

Let me know when you get a XBox One. We have  pretty good team together for gears, COD and whatever we decide to play. We all sit around 2.0 K/D accept my bro, he's like 2.5. I will add you. My name is Etz Evolved.

EDIT: we are going own Titanfall... This is the next team move, this game. I told my bro I'm buying it for him, also our cousin..

you seem like a cool guy, so join up.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
think-man said:

Oh yes there will be problems, and people will whine xD

Like I said I don't care for these problems and am especially expecting them :) Nothing wrong with it and no reason to whine!

Yep, definately will be issues with 1 million plus consoles all logging on around the same time :) - but as long as the games work offline, me happy :)

If you are getting Killzone, give me a shout, wouldn't mind getting back into the MP arena.. havent been a big player for a few years, and would be nice to at least give it another shot with people i recognise on a forum rather than total strangers :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

DJEVOLVE said:
walsufnir said:
radiantshadow92 said:
get a ps3 u still missed out on more then tlou

Nothing that would interest me but perhaps Gaikai will tempt me to try some other games.

Let me know when you get a XBox One. We have  pretty good team together for gears, COD and whatever we decide to play. We all sit around 2.0 K/D accept my bro, he's like 2.5. I will add you. My name is Etz Evolved.

You won't have problems finding me on XBL :D Thanks for the invite!

And when I get my Xbox One (not before next year for sure) I will also make a thread about it, with unboxing stuff and so on.

DJEVOLVE said:

I'm just being the opposition voice. Sometimes I do that and people can't see me or interact with me in person, So they take it to serious.

I don't think you need to be an opposition voice if someone says they are going to buy a PS4. If he had said I am considering buying either please give opinions, then yeah by all means give an opinion...just comes across as a bit strange. OMG don't buy a PS4..look at all these XBoxOne games. ;)

Madword said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:

Oh yes there will be problems, and people will whine xD

Like I said I don't care for these problems and am especially expecting them :) Nothing wrong with it and no reason to whine!

Yep, definately will be issues with 1 million plus consoles all logging on around the same time :) - but as long as the games work offline, me happy :)

If you are getting Killzone, give me a shout, wouldn't mind getting back into the MP arena.. havent been a big player for a few years, and would be nice to at least give it another shot with people i recognise on a forum rather than total strangers :)

Oh, I am a bad gamer at shooters - if you accept that, we can play together :D To me the best part is the social part - getting to know people!

walsufnir said:
Madword said:

Oh, I am a bad gamer at shooters - if you accept that, we can play together :D

Don't worry these days I get beaten by my 15 year old son and his school chums... so I'm not that great. Was better in the day at PC shooters, but I guess old age is slowing me down :) - just nice to have a group of recognisable people to play with.. even if we are all crap.