By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

KZ multiplayer looks pretty awesome but even if you don't like it I'd say you're set for launch with Warframe and Planetside 2 along with Driveclub to tide you over. Plus I don't think anyone will be wanting on the indie side.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
pezus said:
You're a better man than me

So far for the Truthfacts So you didn't preorder? Why?

walsufnir said:

Yes, it happened - I just pre-ordered Playstation 4.

I never thought I'd see the day. What titles prompted you to preorder? 

Me too! I'm gonna buy one in February or later since I don't think the launch games for the PS4 are that great.But I am getting an Xbox One as soon as I can afford one, hopefully by the time the next Halo comes out.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, it happened - I just pre-ordered Playstation 4.

Not exactly a title, although KZ looks nice. It's the system as a whole. It's going to be a good gaming system, for sure. I want to play Gran Turismo again and TLoU, which will (hopefully) eventually available via Gaikai.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
dsgrue3 said:

Not exactly a title, although KZ looks nice. It's the system as a whole. It's going to be a good gaming system, for sure. I want to play Gran Turismo again and TLoU, which will (hopefully) eventually available via Gaikai.

Oh. Yeah, it's not the system that I doubt. I'm just curious why you preordered as opposed to waiting. I'll buy it when I have to have it for a particular title or titles, but at the moment I don't have the compulsion. 

dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:
dsgrue3 said:

Oh. Yeah, it's not the system that I doubt. I'm just curious why you preordered as opposed to waiting. I'll buy it when I have to have it for a particular title or titles, but at the moment I don't have the compulsion. 

I want to be one of the guy who experiences a system by himself! Pah, reviews, previews. I can make my mind up myself, not getting influenced by biased media. Btw, I will share my thoughts and opinions in a thread here, of course :D

Congrats. My sister already pre-ordered one at best buy and we're planning on going to the midnight release.

I'll probably pick up Knack, Driveclub (unless it really is free with PS+) and Killzone.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

walsufnir said:

One question: Do I have to get PS+ now to get Driveclub-demo for free or is the free trial membership sufficient?

everyone gets confused by ps+.  allow me to re-explain in hopefully a clearer manner.

Building your game library on ps+:  Sony always has a bunch of games posted as "free" to ps+. there are generally about 20 free games (ps3 + vita) at any given time.  every week or two a game will be removed and a different game will be posted to take its place.  As long as your ps+ membership is current you have access to everything that is posted.  you will need to head over to the sony entertainment network store (via web, ps3, psvita, or soon IOs or android and ps4) and "purchase" the game to add it to your library.  once it is in your library it is in your library forever.

Playing your ps+ game library: As long as your ps+ membership is current you have access to download (or re-download) and play your entire library.  yes, even if you let your membership expire your entire library still exists and you get complete access back when you re-subscribe.

also gratz.  playstation has been very good to me.  i think you'll like it too.  afraid i won't be joining you day-1  but i'll be there in feburary me-thinks.  right now my ps3 backlog is just too gigantic and i'm still kind of worried about next gen viability after seen 3DS, vita, and wiiU all take massive market contractions. 

kitler53 said:
walsufnir said:

One question: Do I have to get PS+ now to get Driveclub-demo for free or is the free trial membership sufficient?

everyone gets confused by ps+.  allow me to re-explain in hopefully a clearer manner.

Building your game library on ps+:  Sony always has a bunch of games posted as "free" to ps+. there are generally about 20 free games (ps3 + vita) at any given time.  every week or two a game will be removed and a different game will be posted to take its place.  As long as your ps+ membership is current you have access to everything that is posted.  you will need to head over to the sony entertainment network store (via web, ps3, psvita, or soon IOs or android and ps4) and "purchase" the game to add it to your library.  once it is in your library it is in your library forever.

Playing your ps+ game library: As long as your ps+ membership is current you have access to download (or re-download) and play your entire library.  yes, even if you let your membership expire your entire library still exists and you get complete access back when you re-subscribe.

also gratz.  playstation has been very good to me.  i think you'll like it too.  afraid i won't be joining you day-1  but i'll be there in feburary me-thinks.  right now my ps3 backlog is just too gigantic and i'm still kind of worried about next gen viability after seen 3DS, vita, and wiiU all take massive market contractions. 

Thanks for the explanation!