By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

walsufnir said:

Next year I will take this day free once I know when Gamescom will be, perhaps attend to some meetings ;) Also I heard somewhere you can't buy beer at Gamescom this year?! This is a show-stopper for me!

Wow, now I am happy I didn't consider going there.

OT: Gratz on the pre-order. I hope you enjoy it every bit as much as you did your Xbox360!

Around the Network
elazz said:
walsufnir said:
elazz said:
walsufnir said:

Will you go to Gamescom this weekend since you live Germany? If I could I would have been there this weekend however I have other stuff to do. But my experience I had 2 years ago was really neat. Me and my friends taking the train to Köln from Brussels at 5 in the morning, placing our caminggear at the Gamescom camp to see a huge line at 9 o'clock. Didn't knew that so many people would go :p thankfully we had early-bird pre-order tickets so we could skip the line for an amazing day.  

Believe me, no sane person would go there on weekend! I could've gone there via a technician pass to avoid the queues today but we have too much work to do for Gamescom.

No offense to the youth here but I don't want to stand in a line with 15-yr-olds - I want to go there, look for boothchicks and enjoy new games and consoles but there are so many visitors and loud people I have to say "no!".

Next year I will take this day free once I know when Gamescom will be, perhaps attend to some meetings ;) Also I heard somewhere you can't buy beer at Gamescom this year?! This is a show-stopper for me!

I give you that, it was crowded as hell but still the Sony area with then Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Payday, Starhawk and a couple of other games were 18+ (only allowed with ID) and therefore not that crowded. I played every game a couple rounds before leaving. I didn't bother trying BF3 of MW3 not until the early evening. Gamescom camp was fun as well where a couple guys connected a N64 to a beamer and everyone was playing Mario Kart late in the evening :p

Oh, that's nice! So we are after all still a nice community! :D

weaveworld said:
walsufnir said:

Wow, now I am happy I didn't consider going there.

OT: Gratz on the pre-order. I hope you enjoy it every bit as much as you did your Xbox360!

I hope so, too, thanks!

walsufnir said:
elazz said:
walsufnir said:
elazz said:
walsufnir said:

Will you go to Gamescom this weekend since you live Germany? If I could I would have been there this weekend however I have other stuff to do. But my experience I had 2 years ago was really neat. Me and my friends taking the train to Köln from Brussels at 5 in the morning, placing our caminggear at the Gamescom camp to see a huge line at 9 o'clock. Didn't knew that so many people would go :p thankfully we had early-bird pre-order tickets so we could skip the line for an amazing day.  

Believe me, no sane person would go there on weekend! I could've gone there via a technician pass to avoid the queues today but we have too much work to do for Gamescom.

No offense to the youth here but I don't want to stand in a line with 15-yr-olds - I want to go there, look for boothchicks and enjoy new games and consoles but there are so many visitors and loud people I have to say "no!".

I give you that, it was crowded as hell but still the Sony area with then Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Payday, Starhawk and a couple of other games were 18+ (only allowed with ID) and therefore not that crowded. I played every game a couple rounds before leaving. I didn't bother trying BF3 of MW3 not until the early evening. Gamescom camp was fun as well where a couple guys connected a N64 to a beamer and everyone was playing Mario Kart late in the evening :p

We're acting tough on the internet with consolewars etc. but the best part of gaming is if we just can play together and enjoy. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

elazz said:
walsufnir said:
elazz said:

We're acting tough on the internet with consolewars etc. but the best part of gaming is if we just can play together and enjoy. 

Imagine if we could play online together across different platforms! (excluding pc-sheep of course! we will *never* get friends with them!)

Around the Network

With KZ DLC being free I think that's one game not many people will regret buying. I hope people buy it just to support free DLC.

walsufnir said:

Imagine if we could play online together across different platforms! (excluding pc-sheep of course! we will *never* get friends with them!)

Haha, I play on Pc as well. Mostly strategy games (with Total War as my favorite franchise) and steam deals.  Still I don't know whether that was true but I heard that there was a game where you could play against PS users as an Xbox owner and vice-versa. I think it was a Midnight Club game. Not sure though... 

For certain games it actually should be possible since Xbox One and PS4 are just two different set-ups with same architecture, on pc it's not a problem to get MAC-PC for examle with CoD, Diablo, Starcraft etc.  

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

elazz said:
walsufnir said:

Haha, I play on Pc as well. Mostly strategy games (with Total War as my favorite franchise) and steam deals.  Still I don't know whether that was true but I heard that there was a game where you could play against PS users as an Xbox owner and vice-versa. I think it was a Midnight Club game. Not sure though... 

For certain games it actually should be possible since Xbox One and PS4 are just two different set-ups with same architecture, on pc it's not a problem to get MAC-PC for examle with CoD, Diablo, Starcraft etc.  

The problem is that 3rd-parties don't have their own dedicated servers for their games but use Sony's or Microsoft's resources.

On the one hand this is nice because you still can play 5 year old games online which is often not possible on PC as the servers get shut down.

On the other hand this completely destroys any chance of cross-platform online-gaming.

Kyuu said:
Welcome to the station bruv! :D I agree knack looks pretty dull except I think KZ is no different LOL never quite worked for me..

Planetside2 looks like a lot of fun though and it'll be free to play with or without PS Plus subscription, you might want to check that one out in case you haven't played it on PC already :)

I am getting Killzone because I never played it and it looks nice! I wonder how the new DS will do for FPS! I reeeeally got used to the 360-controller and its triggers!

i really like my ps3, i had to buy a controller adapter though the small ps3 controllers would make my hands hurt. so i bought an adapter to use my x360 controller on my ps3 and its a much better experience. you may want to do the same if you like the x360 controller. its my favorite controller for a console or even pc.