By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

i always wanted to buy ps4 or xb1 at release and the other console holiday 2014 or early 2015 but right now i don't really know why i should buy one at release.

all the "we go indie " stuff is nice but i have a decent pc and even a 250 dollar pc would be enough for most of those games. most of the "must have" release or release window games i care about will also come to pc and the exclusive games are nice but don't show anything special which wasn't possible this gen except for better graphics.

so yeah, if we can talk about "who won my interest the most" i could say they both lost lol.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
i always wanted to buy ps4 or xb1 at release and the other console holiday 2014 or early 2015 but right now i don't really know why i should buy one at release.

all the "we go indie " stuff is nice but i have a decent pc and even a 250 dollar pc would be enough for most of those games. most of the "must have" release or release window games i care about will also come to pc and the exclusive games are nice but don't show anything special which wasn't possible this gen except for better graphics.

I just want to participate this gen as an early adopter :)

walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

yeah i always did it in the past. bought dreamcast, xbox, xbox 360, n64 and ps2 day 1^^ snes i think a few weeks after release, not 100% sure when i got it and that was also only a gift to me.

crissindahouse said:
walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

yeah i always did it in the past. bought dreamcast, xbox, xbox 360, n64 and ps2 day 1^^ snes i think a few weeks after release, not 100% sure when i got it and that was also only a gift to me.

First console I got day one was Saturn - and it was the last until now :D And this time it will be a christmas gift I make myself for quiting with my girlfriend finally :D

walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

First console I got day one was Saturn - and it was the last until now :D And this time it will be a christmas gift I make myself for quiting with my girlfriend finally :D

lol. maybe you get a new one before that and it will be a "new girlfriend" gift to yourself.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

lol. maybe you get a new one before that and it will be a "new girlfriend" gift to yourself.

I will wait until PS4 is out and then can say "what was first? YOU or PS4?! So don't moan!" :D

walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

Wow...the Saturn? Sega really jumped the gun with that console. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

Still was a very good console with many, many good games! But yes, Sega failed once again...

walsufnir said:
think-man said:
if your getting Killzone add me on the psn when you do, cause im getting it on launch.

I love KZ :P

I will! I am looking forward to day-one problems! No network and stuff :) I don't mind these problems but always have to laugh on product-launches if it happens. Like 10 years before ;)

haha, yea the internet rants will be glorious to read ;)

I've participated in the coordinated DDoS (simply trying to log in) on Blizzards servers at the Diablo3 launch together with my pals and we had a lot of fun, we even got to play a bit at like 2:30 am :) .

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Still was a very good console with many, many good games! But yes, Sega failed once again...

I loved my Saturn aswell, more so than the Dreamcast. I felt nothing when I sold the DC, but it will be a bit harder on me to let go of the Saturn.

Lafiel said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:
if your getting Killzone add me on the psn when you do, cause im getting it on launch.

I love KZ :P

I will! I am looking forward to day-one problems! No network and stuff :) I don't mind these problems but always have to laugh on product-launches if it happens. Like 10 years before ;)

haha, yea the internet rants will be glorious to read ;)

I've participated in the coordinated DDoS (simply trying to log in) on Blizzards servers at the Diablo3 launch together with my pals and we had a lot of fun, we even got to play a bit at like 2:30 am :) .

I always have to shake my head when this happens! "We didn't expect such a high demand" "Overwhelmed by so many customers" to talk your ass out of "damn, we didn't get our tech together. Again". I mean really, buy yourself more bandwidth from CDNs, rent a few more servers, rent a few cloudservers from Amazon... I remember the WiiU-launch and the update. I just had to lol.