By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it happened - my first Playstation is coming to me...

Tagged games:

Yesssssss. You're slowly being converted to the dark side. Welcome!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

holy shit!
You know the other day I got this sense that you were starting to warm to the ps4. Your tone changed ever so slightly. Good for you, wal, it's going to be an absolutely huge console for the industry.

theprof00 said:
holy shit!
You know the other day I got this sense that you were starting to warm to the ps4. Your tone changed ever so slightly. Good for you, wal, it's going to be an absolutely huge console for the industry.

Ohh yeah with Walsufnir on board, nothing is going to stop the PS4 now

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

deskpro2k3 said:
Yesssssss. You're slowly being converted to the dark side. Welcome!

Don't you ever underestimate my critical posts where needed!

theprof00 said:
holy shit!

Ask eFKac, we had a talk about it several months ago. This doesn't come all of a sudden. And yes, PS4 will be a huge console but I think this will also apply to Xbone but not right from the start.

Around the Network

Willkommen in PlayStation!

Surprised in many respects this is your jumping on point. I mean, for me the PS2 was the juggernaut of gaming and had such a vast library. I consider it to be the greatest console ever and seemed like every gamer had one even as an alternate back then.

In any event always happy to have folks aboard and curious as your thoughts. Even though I came to love the PS1, PS2 and PS3 they all had slow first years for my taste before taking off (PS3 was bit slower in that regard...) so my advice is do not panic in 2014 given Sony's track record. I look at PS3 in 2013 and it has been on fire so I fully expect PS4 to have strong mid and end of its life cvcle.

walsufnir said:
Madword said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:

Oh yes there will be problems, and people will whine xD

Like I said I don't care for these problems and am especially expecting them :) Nothing wrong with it and no reason to whine!

Yep, definately will be issues with 1 million plus consoles all logging on around the same time :) - but as long as the games work offline, me happy :)

If you are getting Killzone, give me a shout, wouldn't mind getting back into the MP arena.. havent been a big player for a few years, and would be nice to at least give it another shot with people i recognise on a forum rather than total strangers :)

Oh, I am a bad gamer at shooters - if you accept that, we can play together :D To me the best part is the social part - getting to know people!

Hmm bad at shooters...I'll play with you, as long as you're on the other team

Augen said:
Willkommen in PlayStation!

Surprised in many respects this is your jumping on point. I mean, for me the PS2 was the juggernaut of gaming and had such a vast library. I consider it to be the greatest console ever and seemed like every gamer had one even as an alternate back then.

In any event always happy to have folks aboard and curious as your thoughts. Even though I came to love the PS1, PS2 and PS3 they all had slow first years for my taste before taking off (PS3 was bit slower in that regard...) so my advice is do not panic in 2014 given Sony's track record. I look at PS3 in 2013 and it has been on fire so I fully expect PS4 to have strong mid and end of its life cvcle.

Believe me, I am not a person of rushed decisions ;) And I still have a huge backlog on 360 to finish so I can wait.

Btw, in the PS2-era I was mainly busy with university so I missed that gen, although played some games on PCSX2.

But thanks for the nice welcome. But keep in mind, I don't switch sides, I am just making my horizon wider :)

riderz13371 said:
walsufnir said:
Madword said:
walsufnir said:
think-man said:

Oh yes there will be problems, and people will whine xD

Like I said I don't care for these problems and am especially expecting them :) Nothing wrong with it and no reason to whine!

Yep, definately will be issues with 1 million plus consoles all logging on around the same time :) - but as long as the games work offline, me happy :)

If you are getting Killzone, give me a shout, wouldn't mind getting back into the MP arena.. havent been a big player for a few years, and would be nice to at least give it another shot with people i recognise on a forum rather than total strangers :)

Oh, I am a bad gamer at shooters - if you accept that, we can play together :D To me the best part is the social part - getting to know people!

Hmm bad at shooters...I'll play with you, as long as you're on the other team

So be it. The times when I threy my controller against my wall have long gone! (My mother hated it when I did it...).

walsufnir said:

Btw, in the PS2-era I was mainly busy with university so I missed that gen, although played some games on PCSX2.

But thanks for the nice welcome. But keep in mind, I don't switch sides, I am just making my horizon wider :)

I can understand that, when I was in Univeristy and lived in Europe was end of PS2/beginning of PS3 and was big part of why did not get a PS3 for years after it came out.

I find "sides" a silly thing and honestly only this past Spring I ever got really worked up about systems and direction of the industry.  The Wii/PS3/360 at the house I think are proof of that.  

Besides, I always like having a Deustch fruend.