By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft on Vita but not WiiU??

It seems to me like Nintendo doesn't really communicate with Western developers anymore to be honest.

It's kinda like their policy is basically to Western devs "hey man, you wanna support us, cool, if not, that's cool too" and they basically just leave it at that, lol.

Around the Network
JGarret said:

What´s your opinion?...especially about the bolded part..

I don't buy it, not for this case anyways. When it comes to indie games (which, generally, Minecraft is) Western Nintendo seems to be the one who actually cares, and who actually goes out of their way to try to recruit the developers. JWeinCom's links are all in regards to Western efforts, for example. By contrast, NCL seems to remain largely indifferent to the indie scene. Where NoA has approached several Western indie devs to try to secure their games, occasionally going to the extent of publishing the titles themselves, the only Japanese indie games hitting Nintendo platforms seem to come primarily from third-party developers, like Nicalis.

Mr Khan said:
outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:

An opthalmologist will know what's going on with your sight.

And a proctologist will know what's going on with your butthurt. (this is easy!)

There is no butthurt. Nintendo's victimhood is well-established by process of elimination on the irrational moves of third parties large and small across the board.

Exactly what I believe. Anyway, I'm not in the mood to start discussing about third-party's relationships with Nintendo since I know it won't matter, so I'll leave the thread here.

It should come to Nintendo platforms eventually. I don't see why not.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

dharh said:
errorpwns said:
dharh said:

Actually the work to convert the PC -> X360 was the hardest part so far since the PC version is JAVA based while as far as I know the X360 was mostly new code. Likewise iOS Portable Minecraft. I think the Android Portable Minecraft was able to re-use alot of the original JAVA code.

It is much easier to port the X360 version now to the PS3/PS4. I believe they might be using the Non-Portable specific version of Minecraft for the PSVita but I guess we need more details on that.

As for 'slapping' a logo on the bottom screen. LOL. People would be screaming to high hell if that is what they did for the 3DS/Wii U version. Calling them lazy bastards for not putting in the time to make true use of the second screen.

And again, NO MAP should be visible on the second screen all the time. That is not how minecraft works/should work. You need to create a map first, explore to fill in the map, then, maybe you could view the map on the second screen for limited periods of time.

Ubisoft openly stated as well as other devs how easy it is to add gamepad functionality. All your post have no relevance other than to incite a spark of anger inside somebody. 

Ubisoft is Ubisoft. I huge coporation with developers coming out their arse. Mojang is Mojang. Who is going to develop the Wii U/3DS version of Minecraft? Certainly not Mojang themselves. Which studio are they going to outsource to? Who is going to foot the bill?

Microsoft essentially paid for Minecraft to be ported over to X360. Id bet there is a significant profit share between Mojang, 4J Studios, and Microsoft.

Betting this is exactly the same for Sony. Sony is probably footing the bill, might even be providing the studio to develop it. I might have to even strike my remark that the code used to develop the X360 version could be used even in parts because of copyright stuff. Either that or Mojang created a whole new team that has been working in the shadows this whole time (a very not-mojang thing to do btw) that is responsible for this new version.

As others have remarked in this thread Nintendo typically doesn't give two shits about western PC games getting ported over to their system. So no money hatting or development studio help from Nintendo to help Mojang bring a proper port over. Mojang simply does not have the resources to create a whole new version of Minecraft on top of trying to make use of a second screen. No matter how 'easy' it is to use said second screen (which again ill bet isn't as easy for a really small dev studio compared to Ubisoft).

Actually 4J is not with Microsoft. Nice try though. Sony isn't supplying the dev studio. It is going to be 4J. I really wish people would not open their mouths without factual evidence. If you read anything I said I stated OTHER DEVELOPERS. Even smaller indie ones have stated the gamepad is easy to learn. If there is a Wii-U minecraft it will most likely be 4J. It isn't even like 4J hasn't done ports to the PS3 before. Of course you seem to like to live ignorant so I wouldn't put it past you to not know what you're talking about. 

Around the Network

Here's why! Nintendo need an Adam Boyes of their own.  

It's very clear by this point that Nintendo doesn't put as much effort into these stuff as Sony and MS.

I put the blame on Nintendo. Why? Because they make their games a bit too good.

They should lower the bar a bit, make their games worse. That way third parties don't have to put that much effort on their games, and they won't look that bad when compared to Nintendo's.

Damn you Nintendo, damn you.

I reckon sales would go bananas on the Wii U once its install base gets up. Seems like a perfect fit. Oh well maybe the guy who makes it just doesn't like the big N.

errorpwns said:
dharh said:

Ubisoft is Ubisoft. I huge coporation with developers coming out their arse. Mojang is Mojang. Who is going to develop the Wii U/3DS version of Minecraft? Certainly not Mojang themselves. Which studio are they going to outsource to? Who is going to foot the bill?

Microsoft essentially paid for Minecraft to be ported over to X360. Id bet there is a significant profit share between Mojang, 4J Studios, and Microsoft.

Betting this is exactly the same for Sony. Sony is probably footing the bill, might even be providing the studio to develop it. I might have to even strike my remark that the code used to develop the X360 version could be used even in parts because of copyright stuff. Either that or Mojang created a whole new team that has been working in the shadows this whole time (a very not-mojang thing to do btw) that is responsible for this new version.

As others have remarked in this thread Nintendo typically doesn't give two shits about western PC games getting ported over to their system. So no money hatting or development studio help from Nintendo to help Mojang bring a proper port over. Mojang simply does not have the resources to create a whole new version of Minecraft on top of trying to make use of a second screen. No matter how 'easy' it is to use said second screen (which again ill bet isn't as easy for a really small dev studio compared to Ubisoft).

Actually 4J is not with Microsoft. Nice try though. Sony isn't supplying the dev studio. It is going to be 4J. I really wish people would not open their mouths without factual evidence. If you read anything I said I stated OTHER DEVELOPERS. Even smaller indie ones have stated the gamepad is easy to learn. If there is a Wii-U minecraft it will most likely be 4J. It isn't even like 4J hasn't done ports to the PS3 before. Of course you seem to like to live ignorant so I wouldn't put it past you to not know what you're talking about. 

First, I never said 4J was _with_ microsoft. Second, I said Sony _might_ be providing the studio. Now we know different, that it will be 4J that develops all the new versions of Minecraft. Which then also means, yay, they can re-use code they already created to move things along faster.

Thirdly, It really doesn't matter how easy it is to use the gamepad. Screw it, it could be as easy as UIGamePadObject blah = new UIGamePadObject(); etc. I still think its a dumb idea, but whatever. Doesn't mean that Nintendo cares about Minecraft and would help with the development costs. From what I can tell 4J has never done Wii U before. So that might also be a factor. But whatever you are right that it won't take extra time to develop the gamepad functionality, it will take more time to develop a whole new version of Minecraft!

Finally, I started out original post by saying _wait_ it will come eventually.

You can claim im ignorant all you want, but you make claims left and right that I didn't even say.

noname2200 was being obtuse and you are just being rude.

Most everything I said still stands. Mojang isn't developing the new versions. We know now that its 4J, which far as i can find has not done Wii U stuff. So who is going to do the Wii U development? If not 4J then it will be mostly all new code. Which takes time. Nintendo typically doesn't foot the bill on this stuff and doesn't seem to care about PC ported games anyway.

Even if that is not true and NOA approached Mojang about a Wii U/3DS version it will take time. The gamepad stuff I can easily concede, they apparently made it idiot proof. Still not a good idea, but whatever.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.