By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft on Vita but not WiiU??

errorpwns said:
Captain_Tom said:
DevilRising said:
Well, obviously, the Wii U is so low tech, it can't actually handle Minecraft. Obviously.

As much as I hate the Wii U, I have to admit that that statement is pretty uneducated (When it comes to minecraft):

-Minecraft is easy to run, but only on modern PC's.

-It usually requires a decent amount of RAM (At least 2-3GB).

-Thus the 360 version is severely nutored (And I fear the PS3 version will be worse).

-While the Wii U (should) handle MC better than the PS3/360, it really won't habdle it much better than the Vita...

Aside from the fact that the Vita is less powerful than the 360 and PS3? If it can handle it better than the PS3/360 it can handle it much better than the Vita. Also it would seem as if the comment you replied to was sarcasm.

All MC relies on is RAM.  That's about it.  A $30 GPU and 6 year old mid-range CPU can max it out at 120 FPS as long as the PC has 3GB of RAM.  If it has 2 though, it will be more than cut in half.

Also I know that comment was sarcasm, but what that comment fails to realise is that MC graphics are decieving.  It does have very real system requirements.

Around the Network
errorpwns said:

Not really. Developing for a second screen isn't hard at all. The DS has been around for years. An inventory, crafting screens, etc. That is all you need down there honestly. Maybe a guide to pull up for redstone. It isn't tricky to brainstorm.

I thought about being able to pull up recipes. That's not too game breaking, as apposed to maps and inventory which I feel changes the dynamic of the game too much. You should not be able to see zombies and skells coming at you when you pull up a map or inventory. The work around there I guess is that if you pull up a map or the inventory it shows it on both screens.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Captain_Tom said:
errorpwns said:
Captain_Tom said:
DevilRising said:
Well, obviously, the Wii U is so low tech, it can't actually handle Minecraft. Obviously.

As much as I hate the Wii U, I have to admit that that statement is pretty uneducated (When it comes to minecraft):

-Thus the 360 version is severely nutored (And I fear the PS3 version will be worse).

-While the Wii U (should) handle MC better than the PS3/360, it really won't habdle it much better than the Vita...

Aside from the fact that the Vita is less powerful than the 360 and PS3? If it can handle it better than the PS3/360 it can handle it much better than the Vita. Also it would seem as if the comment you replied to was sarcasm.

All MC relies on is RAM.  That's about it.  A $30 GPU and 6 year old mid-range CPU can max it out at 120 FPS as long as the PC has 3GB of RAM.  If it has 2 though, it will be more than cut in half.

Also I know that comment was sarcasm, but what that comment fails to realise is that MC graphics are decieving.  It does have very real system requirements.

PS Vita has the same amount of RAM as the 360, so I'm not sure I actually understood your comment. About a 6 year old mid-range PC maxing it out at 120FPS if it has enough RAM, no way, the game is much more CPU bound than anything. You can max it with a 2GB Geforce GT 610 if you want at 60FPS, but you need a powerful CPU to make it happen. 120FPS, you need at least a mid-range current GPU.

well WiiU can't handle the grapix

Edit: damn! I thought I had gotten away with being the first to post this

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RazorDragon said:
Captain_Tom said:
errorpwns said:
Captain_Tom said:
DevilRising said:

PS Vita has the same amount of RAM as the 360, so I'm not sure I actually understood your comment. About a 6 year old mid-range PC maxing it out at 120FPS if it has enough RAM, no way, the game is much more CPU bound than anything. You can max it with a 2GB Geforce GT 610 if you want at 60FPS, but you need a powerful CPU to make it happen. 120FPS, you need at least a mid-range current GPU.

LMAO my sub $300 netbook runs it fine with a dual core E-350 at 1.6 GHz.  Yeah I forgot AMD's Brazos line of cpus were beasts!  Wow...

Edit:  Oh and the Vita has 25% more ram than the 360...

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
DevilRising said:

I'm sorry, but the mere fact that you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic, even with the extra "Obviously" at the end, and then a winking smiley on top of that..........makes it so worth posting what I did. :)

DevilRising said:
Captain_Tom said:
DevilRising said:

I'm sorry, but the mere fact that you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic, even with the extra "Obviously" at the end, and then a winking smiley on top of that..........makes it so worth posting what I did. :)

I could tell.  Duh.  

It's easier and cheaper to develop on vita than U, wich make, no matter the small userbase, vita deving a good investment.

RenCutypoison said:
It's easier and cheaper to develop on vita than U, wich make, no matter the small userbase, vita deving a good investment.

i though the WiiU was very indie friendly? i mean, there's like 20-30 indie games coming out in the next month or 2

MohammadBadir said:
RenCutypoison said:

i though the WiiU was very indie friendly? i mean, there's like 20-30 indie games coming out in the next month or 2

Never has much as vita, Shahid Ahmad alone had 40 indies signing contracts for deving on vita in one month.

Wich explains the numbers of digital sales VS retail.