By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GT review for Lost Odyssey story 9.6 why did this game flop in japan ?

I just don’t get in fact. I recognize some of you are thinking the tale does not matter that much. On the other hand this game has not even past 500 thousand in Japan. Yet games that have shit story or no story similar to pes 2008 are selling millions so is it fact that the Japanese are not buying 360 games because  Microsoft is American.I mean it a jrpg what more Microsoft do. If haven’t seen review you can now  

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30356.html

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

maybe it was poorly marketed, perhaps it just didn't get any hype or momentum going for it, maybe it was released around the same time as other big name games and got caught in the tide. I think the low install base has something to do with it. 360 hasn't even passed 600k in japan so its not going to sell hundreds of thousands of copies.

Japanese don't buy either Okami a Japanese game about a Japanese tale, on a Japanese console that won Game of the year awards..

Ps: I laughed with this comment from one of the users:

shinn--asuka said: i want it for ps3, but gt will give it a 7

Microsoft didn't pump the money in it that they did for Blue Dragon - however, I've heard in the West, that MS is promoting it alot more.

Also, ioi is undertracking Lost Odyssey. The Famitsu X360 charts are much higher - it hit 90k in December.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It didn't flop. With a userbase of 500K you can't expect it pull of huge numbers.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

well 360 barely has over 500k userbase so thats why it didnt sell to well also i think it didnt get to much advertising

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

mrstickball said:
Microsoft didn't pump the money in it that they did for Blue Dragon - however, I've heard in the West, that MS is promoting it alot more.

Also, ioi is undertracking Lost Odyssey. The Famitsu X360 charts are much higher - it hit 90k in December.

They are, I have actually seen the Lost Odyssey TV ad a few times already. Its an excellent ad and I never recall seeing ANY tv ads for Blue Dragon.

^well then hopefully it will sell so they can make more jrpgs for 360

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I was on the fence about getting this game but after watching the GT review I think I will buy it.

Appartantly the IGN review basically says that it is not new, and the same as Final Fantasy, although that should not be a problem for Japanese gamers