By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GT review for Lost Odyssey story 9.6 why did this game flop in japan ?

konnichiwa said:
brute said:
X-Man said:
Overall the game got an 8.8, it's not just about the story.

yeah but to japanese people the story matters the most

Yes like Wii fit!!

That's a broad generalisation, and GT is just one site, the story doesn't seem to be getting praised as much anywhere else.

Around the Network

Yes 90k to a userbase of 500k is great, That is almost 20% ownership. Plus if it does as half as well as it did Japan, ownership wise, it will show that the console can sell JRPGs. It would be more of an incentive for JRPGs to go to the XBox360, causing more of Japanese userbase. More of a Japanese userbase and more games get develop from Japan.

Course if it bombs here in the states and the userbase in Japan doesn't pick up, there will be less incentive to develop JRPG's for the system...

I'm just saying...

o yh kopboi is back making forums better then ever.

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

kopboi said:

I just don’t get in fact. I recognize some of you are thinking the tale does not matter that much. On the other hand this game has not even past 500 thousand in Japan. Yet games that have shit story or no story similar to pes 2008 are selling millions so is it fact that the Japanese are not buying 360 games because Microsoft is American.I mean it a jrpg what more Microsoft do. If haven’t seen review you can now

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30356.html

It flopped because she few people have 360s in Japan.. but it was one of the highest debuts for that system. I believe Halo 3's was larger.. also sales went down to nearly nothing after a few weeks. 

damkira said:
kopboi said:

I just don’t get in fact. I recognize some of you are thinking the tale does not matter that much. On the other hand this game has not even past 500 thousand in Japan. Yet games that have shit story or no story similar to pes 2008 are selling millions so is it fact that the Japanese are not buying 360 games because Microsoft is American.I mean it a jrpg what more Microsoft do. If haven’t seen review you can now

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30356.html

It flopped because she few people have 360s in Japan.. but it was one of the highest debuts for that system. I believe Halo 3's was larger.. also sales went down to nearly nothing after a few weeks.

Logic for the win!

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network
brute said:
X-Man said:
Overall the game got an 8.8, it's not just about the story.

yeah but to japanese people the story matters the most

FFVII sold incredibly well in Japan the story was awful.

well, 1 copy of lost odyssey for every 5 owners of an xbox 360 in japan is good, at least it did better than most.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@ Darc

Your opinon =\= fact. Most really like FF 7's story.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Can someone post the direct link to the HD wmv version of the review please?

vdoesntforgive said:
Can someone post the direct link to the HD wmv version of the review please?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30356.html?type=wmv