By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Would you have been an Xbox fan if it had not been for Halo?

Touch the systems?

Avoid it like the ouya 37 21.02%

Would not know it existed 31 17.61%

Japan would have touched it more 3 1.70%

Would have taken longer to pick up steam. 32 18.18%

Other post below 6 3.41%

Still love it! 67 38.07%

Total:176

Halo was the reason I got into gaming again.

Around the Network

Nope. I only bought the 360 for Halo. Had it not been for Halo, I would have bought a PS3.
However that's not the case for everyone. Halo 4 sold 8 million copies in 3 months which means we can estimate that around 8 million Xbox owners have bought the 360 for Halo.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I bought the original XBOX for Jet Set Radio Future, so no.

But the first Halo was a cool game.

Gears of War was the game that made me love Xbox.

Well, I bought a refurbished Xbox long after I purchased my X360, so Halo never really pushed me into buying Microsoft consoles. It was really Gears of War and BioShock (and their incredible trailers) that pushed me over the edge. I discovered Halo, Halo 2, etc. after getting the X360 and realized how much I had been missing. In my mind, it's Microsoft's best franchise and one of the top ten franchises of all time.

Around the Network

Probably. I went to my uncle's once and he had an original xbox and he showed me Halo and Mechassault and I instantly got hooked ( to Mechassault :P). I got an Xbox later as a gift and I had Mechassault, JTSF, and DnD and I played those games for a long time. Eventually I saw Halo 2 and had to have it and enjoyed that quite a bit.

i would have been a sony fan, if it wasn't for halo

Nope, Halo is the reason I bought the Xbox and Bioware exclusives were the reason I kept my original Xbox. I was in a clan in school, so eventually I didnt need my Xbox anymore because I got a proper PC at the time.

Absolutely, it took me a while to get into Halo. Plus, it took me a while to get good enough in it to actually enjoy it. (For some stubborn reason, I refused to play at the easiest level. I don't know why.)

I chose Alan Wake, but could have probably like the the Uncharted series in its absence.

It was more about the controller and, believe it or not, the community. There are many games that you play on both, so it was more about what you can do on each system that did it for me.

I like the crazy indy games on the Xbox too, it's a great bonus.

Probably the final nail that convinced me that I made the right decision, was the mistakes on the PS3 super slim, and when they added voice commands through Kinect on Skyrim. When the other system was still struggling with the game.

I would still be interested in Nintendo, but they seem to be working to push me away from their system with what they have been doing and not doing.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It's interesting how many Sega-fans chose Xbox :)