By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I think Sony are heading for failure with the PlayStation 4

Thank you for the laugh fella !

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Sorry but the first point is already false... PS4 will be launched before Xbone lol.

After that I even didn't read the others false points.

Wait? That a joke thread? Fair

a year later than it's competition: wii u.

Zero999 said:
ethomaz said:

Sorry but the first point is already false... PS4 will be launched before Xbone lol.

Wii U is 7.5th gen. True competition for PS4 is XBOne, SteamBox and the next Ouya.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Thanks for the laughs, OP.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Sony will do fine.

As we all know, the PS4 is playing it dead safe. Safe specs, parts, disc format, size, and especially cost. Nothing revolutionary about it, but just a incremental improvement in all respects.

Sony is struggling to maintain profitability, and the PS4 is designed to safely guide them. If Sony recovers in the next 5 years, expect them to take more risks with their future products, like the PS5.

Almost perfect. The PS4 was designed to be the most powerful yet developer friendly console on the market which will make it a lead for multiplatform games with most devs. its exclusives will mostly have no equal on consoles. Its cost effectiveness will allow it to profit where the PS3 drained Sony from all the risk to make Blu Ray a standard format. Sony gets a portion of every Blu Ray sale as well being a leader of the Blu Ray association, which means Nintendo and Microsoft as well. Sony will most likely take a larger leap next gen. 

Yes...thanks for expanding upon my points.....Mr. Sony spokesman.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Almost perfect. The PS4 was designed to be the most powerful yet developer friendly console on the market which will make it a lead for multiplatform games with most devs. its exclusives will mostly have no equal on consoles. Its cost effectiveness will allow it to profit where the PS3 drained Sony from all the risk to make Blu Ray a standard format. Sony gets a portion of every Blu Ray sale as well being a leader of the Blu Ray association, which means Nintendo and Microsoft as well. Sony will most likely take a larger leap next gen. 

The only leap Sony seem to be taking, is off the edge of a cliff. Did you reap the OP? It has all you need to know.

Good list.

I just want to say find me a gaming hardware without default, and I assure you I'll throw money on gamestop employee's face when I buy it.

Zero999 said:
ethomaz said:

I dont think Sony is concerned about the WiiU tbh, I think Nintendo is though.

I think they are focusing on a short term sales, and hope it will coast them in the long run. Plus, they didn't want to lose money at launch, but the economies changed.

Also, what could they possibly do to be different than the Xbox One? It does everything the PS4 does, and a whole bunch of things nothing can do. For which, it gets riddled here, but I think most people will find it really useful and convenient.

Like my Xbox hating friend recently confessed to using many of the X360's apps for media streaming. Even-though he has a PS3 and PS+.

I think they want to have a big out the door sales. Which the recent Xbox One cut back, which is surly help them, but will it be enough?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

think-man said:
Zero999 said:
ethomaz said:

I dont think Sony is concerned about the WiiU tbh, I think Nintendo is though.

Sony should be concerned. Nintendo is simply duping them into a false sense of security. But, ofcource, this is all part of Nintendo's master plan. Remember. Mr. Yamaushi (Even in his deathbed he's ruling Nintendo from the shadows with an iron grip) is a master GO! player.  That is one hefty strategy game that teaches you superior skills that you are going to need in the business world. True story. 

Right now, Nintendo is simply toying with Sony and M$. Leaving them room to manouver. An opening in the formation if you will. That opening is A TRAP! And they went for it (More processing power). As soon as they release their consoles. BOOM! They spring their trap. Sony and M$ end off falling down a cliff and their peons (the silly little kids (the 3rd party publishers) whom betrayed their father (Nintendo) will fall with them. 

The great and wise gamegod, Warren Spector, once said. "You underestimate Nintendo at your peril". He was'nt talking about gamers, but the companies choosing to defy Father Nintendo.

PS! OP can add this to the list:

*Failing to include an ethernet port. (Yes, I just had a look on the backside of the PS4, and it does'nt have an ethernet port. I remember "the hardcore mob" going mental over how WiiU lacked an ethernet portXD)