By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I think Sony are heading for failure with the PlayStation 4

Osc89 said:
Zappykins said:
Cj2i3 said:
Zappykins said:
"Losing money on the PS4"

Ah, again losing money on a console. I know that was Not planned or expected. Well at least their have their insurance business to make them money.

It's kinda sad that the better the PS4 sells, the more the company will lose.

Software, Soft-Ware, Saw-Fift-Where. Now say it with me: Software! Websters defines it as something used or associated with and usually contrasted with hardware.

Any ideas how many games they have to sell just to break even?

I remember last year it was like one or a little more than one for the WiiU.  It's probably at least a couple at full price,  plus with the changes in the dollar vs the yen. 

Plus, the most pre ordered game for their new system is BattleField 4, which isn't there game.  Time to short.

Surely BF4 is a great game to have lots of preorders on? They'll sell a year of PS+ with each copy. That's already near 2 games worth of sales, maybe more as they get all the PS+ money directly.

Well, they will only get a part of the BF4, as EA is the publisher.  But hey, it's something.

Ah, that's right they are charging for multi player now with PS+.  I wonder what they are going to do with the 'free games.'  As all the games seem to be digital PS3 games, which will not run on the PS4.

Two seperate versions of PS+?  Anyone know?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Osc89 said:
Zappykins said:
Any ideas how many games they have to sell just to break even?

I remember last year it was like one or a little more than one for the WiiU.  It's probably at least a couple at full price,  plus with the changes in the dollar vs the yen. 

Plus, the most pre ordered game for their new system is BattleField 4, which isn't there game.  Time to short.

Surely BF4 is a great game to have lots of preorders on? They'll sell a year of PS+ with each copy. That's already near 2 games worth of sales, maybe more as they get all the PS+ money directly.

Well, they will only get a part of the BF4, as EA is the publisher.  But hey, it's something.

Ah, that's right they are charging for multi player now with PS+.  I wonder what they are going to do with the 'free games.'  As all the games seem to be digital PS3 games, which will not run on the PS4.

Two seperate versions of PS+?  Anyone know?

It's still the same subscription, so they are just adding the 'free' PS4 games on top of the PS3 and Vita ones. A lot of the early adopters might already have it actually, so BF4 sales won't have equivalent PS+ sales.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Some of the points are very valid and I agree with a lot of them. I think some people are in for a rude awakening when it launches because they are under the impression that the internet=everyone but the PS3,PSP, Vita launches are not what the internet predicted.

Funny but not after XBOX ONE does exactly that. THIS IS THE GEN XBOX ONE TAKES THE LEAD. You can laugh but the NFL commercial is no joke. MS has been making all the right moves. If it comes out that XBOX ONE really does have a advantage, Which I think it already does without added power, It's over and this thread will come true. I will posts in a few years when the tide has changed.

spurgeonryan said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Rol worthy.

I was going to "Rol would be proud", but he'd probably just rip on you for making it too obvious. XD

I don't know about that. A couple of points are actually legitimate issues and with the wealth of points that was already there, they should have been omitted.

I thought he was serious. Even if he did not want it to be. Most seemed look actual reasons that made sense.

Hahah. I know, it seems kind of ambiguous.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Im quite shocked nobody brought this up before. Nothing seems to be going Sonys way with the launch of PS4.

Lets list a few things theyre doing wrong.

• Releasing after the competition
  • Losing money on the console at launch once again
  • Releasing at a higher pricepoint than the competition
  • Focusing on Indie titles, which very few people care about, while the competition go after brilliant AAA games like Minecraft
  • Releasing with less value in the box when compared to the competition
  • Using last generation controllers, while the competition moves forward with exciting new technology
  • Forcing gamers to pay to play online, or as its more commonly known - Shamelessly stealing Microsofts online ideas
  • Launching the biggest IP they have on a competing platform, and Gran Turismo 6 on PS3
  • Launching with no system selling exclusives releasing at or around launch
  • Launching with an absolutely terrible headset in comparison to the competition
  • Launching with a focus on last gen games
  • Releasing a console thats very, very similar to the Xbox One. They should change some policies around to be different
  • Apparently bundling the PS4 with the PSV, making it look unattractive to the general consumer

These are only a few problems that Sony will/do have. I genuinely hope they fix some of these problems before launch, because I like competition! Id hate to see one console run away with things again, so please Sony. Get your act together.

What do the good people of VGChartz think? Will Sony pull the PlayStation 4 out of the pisshole that its currently sitting in?

Edit - Id also like to thank Kantor for his great analysis.

Kantor said:

You forgot the fact that the system is so laughably underpowered, it's actually sharing multiplats with the PS2.

Your post is a joke!

They are releasing before MS in America and a host of european countries? Or are you that stupid or just ignorant?

How do you know they are losing money on the console at launch? Please provide the evidence. Just because a MS shill says they are gonna break even doesn't mean they actually are. Apparently MS paid AMD $3 Billion for the APU and associated costs?

Higher pricepoint? Errr Duh

Less value? I'll be ordering the PS4 with 2 controllers,PSEye and Killzone Shadowfall for $499. I think anyone knows which is the better value?

Give yourself a pat on the back as paying to access features like F2P games,Netflix,Internet and Skype are all free on every other platform. This is definate bonus for Xbox owners!

Its called supporting your existing customer base and ensuring their loyalty. PS3 has some great games coming whereas where are the MS first party titles for 360?

Sytem selling exclusives like Ryse? DR3? Or Forza? Don't make me laugh! These are the only exclusives that are gonna be released with said system. Sony have KZ Shadowfall,DriveClub and Knack

Last gen games? Ryse is next gen espacially after being universally panned for having shite gameplay. DR3 is totally different to DR1 or DR2 innit???? Anothwer stupid comment

DJEVOLVE said:
Funny but not after XBOX ONE does exactly that. THIS IS THE GEN XBOX ONE TAKES THE LEAD. You can laugh but the NFL commercial is no joke. MS has been making all the right moves. If it comes out that XBOX ONE really does have a advantage, Which I think it already does without added power, It's over and this thread will come true. I will posts in a few years when the tide has changed.

What is NFL?

Ashadian said:

Your post is a joke!

funny how you got it right in your first sentence and then went on and comment as if the OP was actually serious - it really was ment as a joke, although most of his points are factually true (and the others more opinion based, but not outright wrong), as he mainly uses the WiiU for release date or price point comparisons and so on, you know

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin',
Though the streams are swollen,
Keep them dogies trollin', rawhide.

Good thread.

is this a joke?