By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I think Sony are heading for failure with the PlayStation 4

Oh well... the doom comes to all in time.

Around the Network

I agree Ps4 is DOOMED!!! :D

Don't forget their desperation by lauching 5 different consoles : Day One console , regular console and 3 bundles hoping one will catch the customer's attention

Kantor said:

You forgot the fact that the system is so laughably underpowered, it's actually sharing multiplats with the PS2.

After all, didn't they make PS4 duck-taping some PS2s together? Oh well, given as a fact that it's d0m3d, at least it won't cost Sony too much, actually if they recycle PS2s collecting dust in closets, they'll just have to pay for duck-tape.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I fear some people will think this is real :P

Around the Network

You should add:

It is built out of Dollar and not Yen, when we all know the Yen makes for a stronger machine.

This gave me a laugh, but you know not really. Enjoy this my friends.

Ssenkahdavic said:
You should add:

It is built out of Dollar and not Yen, when we all know the Yen makes for a stronger machine.

No no no no.

This is actually well thought out from Sony. We all know how the Americans dont like buying foreign machines. Building it out of the Dollar gives them that connection! Its not like Japan, where everyone has a fair chance.

sales2099 said:
Sony will do fine.

As we all know, the PS4 is playing it dead safe. Safe specs, parts, disc format, size, and especially cost. Nothing revolutionary about it, but just a incremental improvement in all respects.

Sony is struggling to maintain profitability, and the PS4 is designed to safely guide them. If Sony recovers in the next 5 years, expect them to take more risks with their future products, like the PS5.

Almost perfect. The PS4 was designed to be the most powerful yet developer friendly console on the market which will make it a lead for multiplatform games with most devs. its exclusives will mostly have no equal on consoles. Its cost effectiveness will allow it to profit where the PS3 drained Sony from all the risk to make Blu Ray a standard format. Sony gets a portion of every Blu Ray sale as well being a leader of the Blu Ray association, which means Nintendo and Microsoft as well. Sony will most likely take a larger leap next gen. 

chapset said:
Nintendo should buy Sony

Sony should buy Nintendo, best thing that could ever happen to the industry. Nintendo's unique style on powerful, modern Sony hardware. BELIEVE.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey